Censorship

15 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

You told us your view. Which is fine, but doesn't make it a fact.

The vaccine does not/has not stopped contaction or transmission. Therefore, it is not like a "normal" vaccine.

I agree it does mitigate the consequences of contracting acovid.

Read my post again and tell me where my view was factually incorrect.

The question was whether Alex Berenson was being misleading. Of course he was. The center of his argument "think of the vaccine at best...." is both incredibly petty and factually inaccurate.  "Mitigating" is a rather soft term for what the COVID vaccine accomplished and kinda ruins Alex's "at best" claim anyway. There's a lot we're still learning, but treating this as a revelation of suppressed COVID truths is silly. You can still discuss the ethics and efficacy of mandates without s#!tting on the science that is -- in fact -- saving lives.

It is my view that thousand of people died and continue to die because they believed and shared memes like Alex Berenson's.  I know I can't state that as a fact, but my numbers are better than his. 

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, funhusker said:

Why do people want the view “censored”?

sounds a bit like cancel culture to me :P

Haha!

I hardly ever get to watch it but it is pure yenta gold!

For years I worked at a school that overrun with Helicopter Parents, you know the type, drop off the kid, hang in the parking lot for a bit, go "workout" with the other stay-at-home parents, then grab coffee and keep the gossip and world problem solving ideas going all day long.

Until they picked up their kid at 3pm.  They would, at times, share their crazy (mostly) ideas with some teachers.  It almost always started off with either "Don't you think that it would be great if..." or "I used to teach too, for a year and..."

The View sort of brings back some fun memories for me.  All the ladies on that show are acting/playing a part.  I sort of get a kick out of watching it.  It is like getting to be a fly on the wall when those helicopter parents were gossiping. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Haha!

I hardly ever get to watch it but it is pure yenta gold!

For years I worked at a school that overrun with Helicopter Parents, you know the type, drop off the kid, hang in the parking lot for a bit, go "workout" with the other stay-at-home parents, then grab coffee and keep the gossip and world problem solving ideas going all day long.

Until they picked up their kid at 3pm.  They would, at times, share their crazy (mostly) ideas with some teachers.  It almost always started off with either "Don't you think that it would be great if..." or "I used to teach too, for a year and..."

The View sort of brings back some fun memories for me.  All the ladies on that show are acting/playing a part.  I sort of get a kick out of watching it.  It is like getting to be a fly on the wall when those helicopter parents were gossiping. 

My, God….if I ever think The View is watchable, just shoot me. 

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Read my post again and tell me where my view was factually incorrect.

The question was whether Alex Berenson was being misleading. Of course he was. The center of his argument "think of the vaccine at best...." is both incredibly petty and factually inaccurate.  "Mitigating" is a rather soft term for what the COVID vaccine accomplished and kinda ruins Alex's "at best" claim anyway. There's a lot we're still learning, but treating this as a revelation of suppressed COVID truths is silly. You can still discuss the ethics and efficacy of mandates without s#!tting on the science that is -- in fact -- saving lives.

It is my view that thousand of people died and continue to die because they believed and shared memes like Alex Berenson's.  I know I can't state that as a fact, but my numbers are better than his. 

I have two questions for you. 

They are yes or no questions.

Does the vaccine prevent you from catching Covid?

Does the vaccine prevent you from spreading Covid?

If you need to phone a friend, try VP Harris who is at 2+2 I believe.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Interesting that Musk would be such a fan of the cheeto.

But that raises an interesting question - does TFG accept Musk's charity? Does he come crawling back or does his pride prevent him? And if he does, what does that say about TFG's better twitter alternative, Smanch Smanshel, or however he pronounced it the other day?

And if Musk is such a fan that he wants to help TFG this much, why not just invest in the better twitter free speech palooza alternative?

Weird situation, for sure.