Censorship

On 5/10/2022 at 11:03 AM, ActualCornHusker said:

HAHAHA Please name an organization more corrupt than the US government.

I've worked for both government and Fortune 500 organizations, and it's a close call. In both cases it's mostly a matter of Uppermost Management defending their turf at all costs, and Middle Management motivated to cover its a$$ and tracks, and everyone killing the messenger who inevitably brings bad news.

Adorable how Republicans think an unshackled for-profit business model solves any of our problems. 

Hard to believe, but you will start missing government programs when the new overlords start slashing them, and everyone is reminded why they existed in the first place. 

• Plus1 4

12 minutes ago, nic said:

I wonder how much of Twitter will be exposed by this dude….Whether he buys it or not. I want to know more.

This is a basic, up-front feature of Twitter.

What's he going to expose next, Dark Mode?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

This is a basic, up-front feature of Twitter.

What's he going to expose next, Dark Mode?

People are going to LOSE it when they find out they can add a pound sign before a word to make it categorized and searchable as a "hash tag"

• Oh Yeah! 1
On 5/13/2022 at 11:22 AM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Adorable how Republicans think an unshackled for-profit business model solves any of our problems. 

Let's ask Texas Republicans how much they're loving their deregulated power grid right now.

Gov. Abbott scrambles to reassure Texans as power grid falters in first summer heat wave

The free market at work!

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

People who can't drive shouldn't drive.

So... yeah.

He's not all wrong, though. I've long since abandoned my Facebook and for the past year or two, my Twitter. Now the only interaction I have with Twitter is when I'm following other peoples' posts. 

It's made it a ton easier not to give a flying fig about the Elon/Twitter saga.

16 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

He's not all wrong, though. I've long since abandoned my Facebook and for the past year or two, my Twitter. Now the only interaction I have with Twitter is when I'm following other peoples' posts. 

It's made it a ton easier not to give a flying fig about the Elon/Twitter saga.

It's nothing so benign as that.

The schtick is that Musk is breaking the lid off some crazy news about the evils of social media when it's just a basic feature that anyone with three IQ cells to rub together knew about half a decade ago.

"The algorithm" is the new "Benghazi" or "but her emails" or "Hunter's laptop."

For someone who "doesn't have social media" that poster tends to post a lot of stuff they found on social media.

• Plus1 3