Censorship

5 hours ago, Scarlet said:

This is going so well Twitter may be tits up by morning.  I need to go back through this thread to see who it was that had a boner that Musk had taken over or said he'd get things straightened out.  $44 billion to crash in full view of the planet?  Seems smart.  

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Why does this site put back to back posts merged together into one post when they aren’t meant to be??? 

"Don't double post" is a legacy rule of thumb with messageboard etiquette over the last 25 years and most board softwares have outdated features towards that end. If you wait a minute it will post separately and not merge.

In this case, a girl was suspended (the suspension was later removed after she sued) and her father was fired from coaching for objecting to a transgender male being in the locker room with her daughter. They played together on the same girls volleyball team. The daughter  was suspended for referring to this person as a dude in a classroom setting. The transgender person was not present at the time. After her suspension for bullying, a number of parents and students objected, the objection was denied, and the father went off on the situation in a local news interview. He got fired.

https://www.manchesterjournal.com/local-news/coach-parent-daughter-student-sue-in-federal-court-over-mixed-gender-locker-room-in-randolph/article_e5602794-59f1-11ed-9bdd-877df340d523.html?wallit_nosession=1

• Plus1 2
13 hours ago, Scarlet said:

This is going so well Twitter may be tits up by morning.  I need to go back through this thread to see who it was that had a boner that Musk had taken over or said he'd get things straightened out.  $44 billion to crash in full view of the planet?  Seems smart.  

I guess Twitter will be hiring engineers now. There are a number of them from Meta looking for jobs.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
32 minutes ago, nic said:

In this case, a girl was suspended (the suspension was later removed after she sued) and her father was fired from coaching for objecting to a transgender male being in the locker room with her daughter. They played together on the same girls volleyball team. The daughter  was suspended for referring to this person as a dude in a classroom setting. The transgender person was not present at the time. After her suspension for bullying, a number of parents and students objected, the objection was denied, and the father went off on the situation in a local news interview. He got fired.

https://www.manchesterjournal.com/local-news/coach-parent-daughter-student-sue-in-federal-court-over-mixed-gender-locker-room-in-randolph/article_e5602794-59f1-11ed-9bdd-877df340d523.html?wallit_nosession=1

Crazy - this isn't all that far away from me so went to read more specifics (like the whole story) in reputable papers - only articles appear in Christian Times, Tucker, NYPost, some conservative british rags and etc.  I'll be sure to share what I can find that might have more fair balanced perspective.  But if this 'dad" was posting crap about a student on a public social media page they did the right thing in firing him.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, nic said:

Hopefully the dad and daughter win this lawsuit.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Crazy - this isn't all that far away from me so went to read more specifics (like the whole story) in reputable papers - only articles appear in Christian Times, Tucker, NYPost, some conservative british rags and etc.  I'll be sure to share what I can find that might have more fair balanced perspective.  But if this 'dad" was posting crap about a student on a public social media page they did the right thing in firing him.

Yeah, I looked up a few more articles as well. It seems like an interesting case. So far only one side has been revealed, but there are plenty of facts and alleged facts that could be discussed. Based on what I've read so far, I don't actually think that the school handled this case well, but the parent certainly did not act appropriately either. 

However, for the sake of Huskerboard, I doubt that some of the other folks chiming in on this topic are actually interested in a nuanced conversation about it.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

More to the story (of course).  https://www.ourherald.com/articles/lawsuit-takes-aim-at-school-administration/  this is the local paper in that area of Vermont.  

Seems pretty clear to me what's going on here and I feel bad for the victim of course who was targeted, but also for this poor young lady who is being used by her parents and this radical hate group, and will have to carry that load the rest of her life.  Any parent that parades their child on Tucker Carlson for this sort of stunt should be ashamed.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, Ulty said:

However, for the sake of Huskerboard, I doubt that some of the other folks chiming in on this topic are actually interested in a nuanced conversation about it

Not much nuance to it if the TS was indeed able to dress and undress in the female locker room with the other females present.  That would be ridiculous for the girls to have to accept and I would have done the same thing as this dad if it happened when my oldest daughter went through HS.  

if accommodations were made for the TS to dress privately then I would understand the parent being in the wrong for going public, but still prob not fired from coaching. 

• Plus1 1