Censorship

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

My guess is James is speaking in regards to the accounts like the Babylon Bee that got suspended for no good reason.   The second to last sentence is quite important too.  

Wait, I thought you weren’t on Twitter? 

I'm not...But with all the Tweets I see posted here, it sometimes feels like I am.

Does that mean I can't have an opinion on it?

• Plus1 1

Just now, funhusker said:

I'm not...But with all the Tweets I see posted here, it sometimes feels like I am.

Does that mean I can't have an opinion on it?

You can have any opinion you want.   To make it an informed opinion, you should also know why some accounts were banned and what tweets caused the ban.   And realize the standard was not applied equally.  Elon seems to be on his way to fixing this.  

The leftists froth about it even though it doesn’t affect them in any way. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

You can have any opinion you want.   To make it an informed opinion, you should also know why some accounts were banned and what tweets caused the ban.   And realize the standard was not applied equally.  Elon seems to be on his way to fixing this.  

The leftists froth about it even though it doesn’t affect them in any way. 

When people in my life see stupid s#!t on social media and take it as gospel, it does affect me.

• Plus1 6
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

My guess is James is speaking in regards to the accounts like the Babylon Bee that got suspended for no good reason.

No I get that. I don't doubt whom James is talking about in his tweet. I just think his narrative surrounding suppression is disingenuous/inaccurate. Twitter is still going to be very much involved in the suppression business... they're just redefining what that means.

I'm completely unsurprised that more liberally minded people are upset about the account reinstatements, though.

• Plus1 3

8 minutes ago, funhusker said:

When people in my life see stupid s#!t on social media and take it as gospel, it does affect me.

It affects all of us. Some people arrested and convicted of violent crimes have been found to have social media accounts littered with propaganda from various content providers and even elected politicians.

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

My guess is James is speaking in regards to the accounts like the Babylon Bee that got suspended for no good reason.

Oh, is that what you guess? Because he said: "So liberals applauded the suppression of millions of conservatives, including a POTUS."

He is clearly talking about Trump and his followers, who do actively spread lies and hate, which certainly does hurt people. So going back to funhusker's question: why do you want people like that to have a larger audience?

• Plus1 5
38 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Oh, is that what you guess? Because he said: "So liberals applauded the suppression of millions of conservatives, including a POTUS."

He is clearly talking about Trump and his followers, who do actively spread lies and hate, which certainly does hurt people. So going back to funhusker's question: why do you want people like that to have a larger audience?

He has clearly been vocal about the Bee suspension :dunno

He clearly wants people like the ex-president and others that were suspended to have the same treatment as other accounts doing the same thing who the previous twit mods aligned with.   Many of those who “actively spread lies and hate” that you don’t seem to have much of a problem with based on your lack of voice to ban those accounts. 

So to funhuskers question with a tweak: why do you want one sides “hate and lies” to have a voice but not the others? 

• Plus1 1
55 minutes ago, Enhance said:

It affects all of us. Some people arrested and convicted of violent crimes have been found to have social media accounts littered with propaganda from various content providers and even elected politicians.

The same thing happened with traditional paper news media in years past prior to social media.   

people with a propensity to do violent crime will usually do violent crime regardless of the circumstances.  They tend to find reasons to justify what they do with or without social media.  

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

He has clearly been vocal about the Bee suspension :dunno

He clearly wants people like the ex-president and others that were suspended to have the same treatment as other accounts doing the same thing who the previous twit mods aligned with.   Many of those who “actively spread lies and hate” that you don’t seem to have much of a problem with based on your lack of voice to ban those accounts. 

So to funhuskers question with a tweak: why do you want one sides “hate and lies” to have a voice but not the others? 

I don't want anyone to spread lies or hate. I don't think I've ever spoken up about banning anyone's twitter accounts before. Obviously Trump has a loyal following and causes more damage than any one single person with his lies and divisiveness, but can you provide examples of the "hate and lies" that you think I don't have a problem with? Since you said "many" I'm sure you can provide several examples.

You also conveniently avoided answering the question the way you often do. Let's try again: Why do you think Trump and his followers should have a wider platform to promote their lies and hate?  

• Plus1 3
15 minutes ago, Ulty said:

You also conveniently avoided answering the question the way you often do. Let's try again: Why do you think Trump and his followers should have a wider platform to promote their lies and hate?  

I think they should be held to the same standards as other similar accounts.  

Tell me why an account like the Babylon Bee should be suspended?  Tell me why accounts that questioned or flat out denied the election should be suspended however misguided they were without any acts of violence called for by them?  

How is that different than the federal government providing knowingly false information in regards to Covid in order to move an agenda?  How is that different than national news organizations tweeting lies and not being suspended?  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Chuck Schumer, bernie sanders, illhan Omar, Maxine waters are four quick ones 

Okay...what did they say that were lies? or hate? Provide examples and we can discuss and compare.

You had posted one thing a couple weeks which included Tlaib saying something antisemitic, which most on this board (including me) agreed was an offensive thing to say, and she was appropriately called out by her own party. Yet, I don't recall you providing other examples after numerous requests. 

• Plus1 2