Censorship

7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yes, trust Musk and Twitter to give the real account of what happened at Twitter before Musk. I'll take that with a giant grain of salt.

As opposed to trusting previous twitter management?   Ya, I’ll take the current version of Twitter management/ownership until proven otherwise.  

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

As opposed to trusting previous twitter management?   Ya, I’ll take the current version of Twitter management/ownership until proven otherwise.  

There's no reason to believe either. However, Musk has a vested interest in shaping the narrative.

• TBH 1

I'm all for stepping outside our partisan trappings and judging misinformation strictly in terms of misinformation.

It's actually doable as long as there are facts. Which there still are. 

But the results will not be equal. 

This will not stop Archy from using a dubious Ilhan Omar quote to negate the entire QAnon catalog. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
46 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

:laughpoundThat quite the stretch.   Both the dubious part and the negating Qanon part.  Lotta trying to square a round hole in your statement. 

Do you think the application of bots and and the most prevalent disinformation campaigns are pretty much equal between the Left and Right ideologies on social media? 

• Plus1 2

Just now, Guy Chamberlin said:

Do you think the application of bots and and the most prevalent disinformation campaigns are pretty much equal between the Left and Right ideologies on social media? 

What the hell does any of that have to do with you saying I bring up Omar to negate Qanon?  

To your question though, I think the right probably creates more disinformation and the left suppresses more legitimate information.  Best way I can put it.  

• Plus1 1

So if the FBI  told Twitter and Facebook that the Hunter Biden laptop story was Russia disinformation is that election interference? I honestly don’t care what is on the laptop. Everyone knows Hunter is messed up. …But do care if branches of our government collaborated with media to suppress a story.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1