Censorship

This is a really good article on learning about why content moderation is necessary on social media platforms: https://www.techdirt.com/2022/11/02/hey-elon-let-me-help-you-speed-run-the-content-moderation-learning-curve/

It’s kind of a rite of passage for any new social media network. They show up, insist that they’re the “platform for free speech” without quite understanding what that actually means, and then they quickly discover a whole bunch of fairly fundamental ideas, institute a bunch of rapid (often sloppy) changes… and in the end, they basically all end up in the same general vicinity, with just a few small differences on the margin. Look, I went through it myself. In the early days I insisted that sites shouldn’t do any moderation at all, including my own. But I learned. As did Parler, Gettr, Truth Social and lots of others.

• Plus1 3
14 hours ago, funhusker said:

Again, who cares?

Twitter is/was a private company.

One revealing email depicted former Twitter head of trust and safety Yoel Roth apparently claiming that though "the facts remain unclear" on whether the New York Post story could be stifled, he encouraged staff to muzzle it in light of the "lessons of 2016."

• TBH 1

50 minutes ago, funhusker said:

So you don’t agree? 

Hmm, maybe you did understand what I was saying and just chose to make another meaningless post.

Happy Saturday!

Ehhh, I just think you may not know the difference between how twitter WAS owned and how twitter is NOW owned based on your earlier post.  Elon has quite a bit more control and some less regulatory hurdles being private vs publicly traded? 

not sure why you are taking such offense 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

This is a really good article on learning about why content moderation is necessary on social media platforms: https://www.techdirt.com/2022/11/02/hey-elon-let-me-help-you-speed-run-the-content-moderation-learning-curve/

This site is thriving for nearly twenty years precisely because of good moderation. Pruning trees of dead branches causes new branches to grow.

The only obviously glaring issue with moderation here is @Mavric's bias against Germans.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1