Censorship

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ok….so, intelligence community was telling Twitter what accounts were being ran by Russian actors and they suspended them. 

Am I supposed to be upset about this?

You mean what accounts they wanted people to believe or thought were ran by Russian actors.   

• Haha 4
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ok….so, intelligence community was telling Twitter what accounts were being ran by Russian actors and they suspended them. 

I'm against the government forcing accounts to be suspended, so this needs further investigation to see if the government was simply telling Twitter or if the government was coercing Twitter. But either way, it's not the bombshell Taibbi and Musk seem to think it is.

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Which specific internal twitter message do you believe he made up? 

Are you referring to the emails that are spurring more right wing frothiness?  Something about the big bad FBI boogie men who's director at the time was appointed by your Dear Leader?  A time in which your Dear Leader was in office?  Those emails?  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

15 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Are you referring to the emails that are spurring more right wing frothiness?  Something about the big bad FBI boogie men who's director at the time was appointed by your Dear Leader?  A time in which your Dear Leader was in office?  Those emails?  

I’ll ask again, which internal twitter messages that were reported on by the person you had a laugh about were made up?  

deflect away with the Dear Leader schtick if you want though.  

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’ll ask again, which internal twitter messages that were reported on by the person you had a laugh about were made up?  

deflect away with the Dear Leader schtick if you want though.  

You can rustle around down in another one of your conspiracy theory rabbit holes all you want, which most likely will fall flat like the others you've brought to the board in the past but I'll pass.  It's not worth my time.  l'll just sit here and watch you wallow in it.  When someone posts something credible, from a credible source not a few cherry picked emails released by Musk,  then I might take some credence in it.  Until then have a good time.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
12 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

You can rustle around down in another one of your conspiracy theory rabbit holes all you want, which most likely will fall flat like the others you've brought to the board in the past but I'll pass.  It's not worth my time.  l'll just sit here and watch you wallow in it.  When someone posts something credible, from a credible source not a few cherry picked emails released by Musk,  then I might take some credence in it.  Until then have a good time.  

No worries.  Just so I m clear, you don’t have any reason to believe what was posted by the tweeter was inaccurate though:thumbs  Sounds like you may just not want to believe it which is fine 

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No worries.  Just so I m clear, you don’t have any reason to believe what was posted by the tweeter was inaccurate though:thumbs  Sounds like you may just not want to believe it which is fine 

Just so I'm clear I have your posting history and your "sources" as reason enough not to waste my time until I see something more credible posted. :thumbs

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
On 1/4/2023 at 6:00 AM, BigRedBuster said:

It was more than that. And yes. I think you would be if they were suppressing stuff for Trumps benefit back then.

Matt Taibbi who has actually been analyzing the info dump.

"I think we can say pretty conclusively, after looking at tens of thousands of emails over the course of these weeks, that the government was in the censorship business in a huge way — that's, I think, provable now," 

"And not just one agency. Really every conceivable wing of the enforcement agencies of the U.S. government were in some way or another sending moderation requests to Twitter, and in many cases those requests were being fulfilled."

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1