Censorship

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

ACLU fights for everybody.  They've historically fought for white supremacists, the NRA, Americans For Prosperity (a Koch brothers company).  They fight for infringement on civil liberties and that means defending people that many might find offensive.

I’ve learned to respect them more over the years because you are right. 

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, commando said:

desantis didn't ban the books...he only passed the  law that allows these people to ban the books and his followers think it's a great victory.

i wonder why this book was banned?

Of course that book should be banned.  It's about a black kid growing up in a very racist society, dreaming of doing great things and then succeeding at that while motivating other black kids to do the same.  I'm sure it's banned because it dared to portray America as being a racist society.

That s#!t can't be tolerated.  

Can you imagine if the movie Roots would be filmed today?  That would be way too woke.

Kunta Kinte would have to be portrayed as buying a ticket on the ship to leave Africa and being welcomed with happy open arms by nice white people in America.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Of course that book should be banned.  It's about a black kid growing up in a very racist society, dreaming of doing great things and then succeeding at that while motivating other black kids to do the same.  I'm sure it's banned because it dared to portray America as being a racist society.

That s#!t can't be tolerated.  

i have not heard of many of those books....but i do recognize this one

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/58495.The_Berenstain_Bears_and_the_Big_Question

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Kunta Kinte would have to be portrayed as buying a ticket on the ship to leave Africa and being welcomed with happy open arms by nice white people in America.

he was so welcomed that he and his progeny were given free lifetime employment

• Oh Yeah! 1