Censorship

58 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Chaos agent doing chaos agenty things ostensibly to recoup his $44 billion investment $8 at a time.

What a great humanitarian 

Long thread but just a few examples of an idiotic move this is

a scammers paradise thanks to elon.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
31 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Which has nothing to do with Twitter using the same policy that Musk and others complained about before. We know you know this.

No you are comparing two issues that are nothing alike, on purpose for some strange reason.  

One set of data was hacked (Walsh).  One set of data was not hacked (Biden).  Twitter had/has a policy on hacked material (Walsh) and no policy on material that wasn’t hacked (Biden).  

I get you really want to dunk on Elon, but this isn’t the best effort.  

• TBH 1
17 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No you are comparing two issues that are nothing alike, on purpose for some strange reason.  

One set of data was hacked (Walsh).  One set of data was not hacked (Biden).  Twitter had/has a policy on hacked material (Walsh) and no policy on material that wasn’t hacked (Biden).  

I get you really want to dunk on Elon, but this isn’t the best effort.  

You really should read the linked article before responding as we're talking about Twitter's "Hacked Materials" policy, which was used both for the NY Post article about Hunter Biden and now for a Wired article about Matt Walsh.

At issue? He just published a story at Wired about a hacker who got into culture war nonsense peddler Matt Walsh’s Twitter account and also his email account.

So why did Cameron’s account get suspended? Twitter claims he violated its “hacked materials” policy. You know, the same one that was used to block links to the NY Post story… and which Twitter had adjusted so as (in theory) not to target actual journalism.

And you're also rewriting history here as no one knew at that time whether the Biden material was hacked or not.

Edit to add link to the Wired story:

The Hacker Who Hijacked Matt Walsh’s Twitter Was Just ‘Bored’

• Plus1 4

4 hours ago, RedDenver said:

And you're also rewriting history here as no one knew at that time whether the Biden material was hacked or not.

If it was obtained electronically without consent the it was hacked. Doesn't matter if he left it somewhere or not.

6 hours ago, RedDenver said:

You really should read the linked article before responding as we're talking about Twitter's "Hacked Materials" policy, which was used both for the NY Post article about Hunter Biden and now for a Wired article about Matt Walsh.

Edit to add link to the Wired story:

The Hacker Who Hijacked Matt Walsh’s Twitter Was Just ‘Bored’

I understand it was wrongly used in the Hunter story.  It’s really what I’ve said the last two responses.  Twitter misinterpreted its hacked usage policy for a story about info that was not hacked!   Why are you obfuscating on this point. 

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I understand it was wrongly used in the Hunter story.  It’s really what I’ve said the last two responses.  Twitter misinterpreted its hacked usage policy for a story about info that was not hacked!   Why are you obfuscating on this point. 

Already answered in the linked article.

• Plus1 1

What a s#!t show.  Now Genius has apparently panicked and is handing back out blue check marks with no criteria.  Just willy nilly.  That'll help the verification/disinformation problem of which he purported himself to be the savior.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1