Censorship

2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

My last 100 followers have all been bots using profile pictures of beautiful women with massive titties so could be worse tbh

They are real! She told me she would send a picture for just 99.99!

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Really? Even with the increase in hate speech? 

What do you find better about twitter since Elon took over?

Twitter has always been a cesspool. I have since dabbled with muting certain words such as “Woke”, “Trans”, & “Trump”. Makes for a much more enjoyable experience.

Given non of that is from Elon. I think the increase in parody/meme accounts is pretty funny. The newest one is the AOC parody account. 

• TBH 1
1 minute ago, Decked said:

Twitter has always been a cesspool. I have since dabbled with muting certain words such as “Woke”, “Trans”, & “Trump”. Makes for a much more enjoyable experience.

Given non of that is from Elon. I think the increase in parody/meme accounts is pretty funny. The newest one is the AOC parody account. 

Most people would be against making the platform more welcoming to hate speech.

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Most people would be against making the platform more welcoming to hate speech.

It is entertaining. Maybe not in a good way. But it is something. IMO it has always been riddled with hate speech if we are being honest. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Why don't you just edit who you follow?

Twitter is a cesspool only if you let it be a cesspool.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why don't you just edit who you follow?

Twitter is a cesspool only if you let it be a cesspool.

this is correct. It is a tool. And I have also done that. definitely much better off. 

9 hours ago, knapplc said:

I thought this only happened to woke companies.

The company was worth less than the price he paid even before he actually paid for it. If you remember his shenanigans help drive the stock price down and there was some litigation that took place to get him to pay the original price he offered.

5 minutes ago, ZRod said:

The company was worth less than the price he paid even before he actually paid for it. If you remember his shenanigans help drive the stock price down and there was some litigation that took place to get him to pay the original price he offered.

Elon offered and paid a premium.   It was bad timing on his part.  Tech was getting hammered with the rate increases and twitters  valuation would have fallen along with the other had there not been an offer on the table.  

• Plus1 1

Remember that frothy Twitter Files conspiracy theory that tried to prove the government was suppressing free speech in an effort to interfere with the 2020 election?  To prove it Musk hand selected a only few journalists to review the files the likes of Matt Taibbi?  Turns out it was just another right-wing disinformation op.  I don't know but it seems if you've been fooled time and time again you'd eventually wise up but maybe there's a certain comfort living in a world of angry make believe

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • TBH 1