Censorship

My brother taught high school in Lincoln for 40 years, and told me that athletes and PE students almost never shower together anymore after class or practice, and haven't for years. Whereas from Jr. High on we always had to get naked and compare equipment in the group showers. Sometimes the coaches and PE teachers showered with us. Our baseball coach was famously proud of his penis and ball sack. Seriously, he had the logo "SuperSac" taped over his locker. My buddy Randy walked in on him late after practice once, showering with the hot home ec teacher. Rudy and Marge were married to different people at the time, but they did marry each other a few years later. So, happy ending. 

Apparently the boys dress sweaty and go home and shower, rather than enjoy the magical bond of male nudity. 

Another way to look at this quandary is to consider the fact one out of ten cisgendered males currently welcome in the boys locker room is gay. 

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

My brother taught high school in Lincoln for 40 years, and told me that athletes and PE students almost never shower together anymore after class or practice, and haven't for years. Whereas from Jr. High on we always had to get naked and compare equipment in the group showers. Sometimes the coaches and PE teachers showered with us. Our baseball coach was famously proud of his penis and ball sack. Seriously, he had the logo "SuperSac" taped over his locker. My buddy Randy walked in on him late after practice once, showering with the hot home ec teacher. Rudy and Marge were married to different people at the time, but they did marry each other a few years later. So, happy ending. 

Apparently the boys dress sweaty and go home and shower, rather than enjoy the magical bond of male nudity. 

Another way to look at this quandary is to consider the fact one out of ten cisgendered males currently welcome in the boys locker room is gay. 

This is funny because there is a lot of truth!

There is (urban) legendary stories about a FB coach here in Omaha who would shower and then sit down and talk to some of the kids on the team with his crazy huge dong hanging out.  Like, I don't know why but he did...He would have a towel on but like, it was opened.

Now, no one showers are at least not that often.  

18 hours ago, Scarlet said:

I need to go back through this thread to see who it was that had a boner that Musk had taken over or said he'd get things straightened out.  $44 billion to crash in full view of the planet?  Seems smart.  

Perhaps unsurprisingly, most (though not all) of the people who had ragers for Musk's takeover were conservatives upset about their content moderation policies. They never cared about Twitter as an app/product - they just cared about its capabilities as a platform.

Here's my thing - Twitter's financial challenges have been well documented, long before Must took over. IIRC they've lost money in six of the last eight years since their IPO and their advertising capabilities are poor. My company pulled out of paid Twitter advertising in 2020 due to poor ROI and targeting opportunities. So, I get it. Twitter needed help.

But Musk's apparent strategy to get a grasp on all this is to stronghand it like an unruly child, costing the company even MORE financial losses than they were already experiencing... in addition to a work force reduction of nearly 90% and no real clear strategy on how he plans to improve it. I'm not necessarily saying things didn't need to get worse before they got better, but he's making such cataclysmically moronic decisions that I have a hard time imagining he doesn't have some higher aim here in the early onset. It's just... weird. I think he could've accomplished his goals without overhauling everything from staffing, corporate structure, and revenue streams in the first 30 days. Most transitions like this are methodic, not bombastic.

I'm not ready to jump on the "Twitter's dead" bandwagon just yet, though. Musk may be goofy but I don't think he's an idiot.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Perhaps unsurprisingly, most (though not all) of the people who had ragers for Musk's takeover were conservatives upset about their content moderation policies. They never cared about Twitter as an app/product - they just cared about its capabilities as a platform.

Here's my thing - Twitter's financial challenges have been well documented, long before Must took over. IIRC they've lost money in six of the last eight years since their IPO and their advertising capabilities are poor. My company pulled out of paid Twitter advertising in 2020 due to poor ROI and targeting opportunities. So, I get it. Twitter needed help.

But Musk's apparent strategy to get a grasp on all this is to stronghand it like an unruly child, costing the company even MORE financial losses than they were already experiencing... in addition to a work force reduction of nearly 90% and no real clear strategy on how he plans to improve it. I'm not necessarily saying things didn't need to get worse before they got better, but he's making such cataclysmically moronic decisions that I have a hard time imagining he doesn't have some higher aim here in the early onset. It's just... weird. I think he could've accomplished his goals without overhauling everything from staffing, corporate structure, and revenue streams in the first 30 days. Most transitions like this are methodic, not bombastic.

I'm not ready to jump on the "Twitter's dead" bandwagon just yet, though. Musk may be goofy but I don't think he's an idiot.

I agree.  He's obviously not an idiot.  But, very smart people can be totally ignorant in some areas.  Obviously, Musk is ignorant as to how to go about buying and transforming a company like Twitter.  And, some have a personality that doesn't allow them to say...."hey, I don't know this, I need to find someone who does and listen to them".

It's going to be really interesting.  I believe Twitter is a product where it basically runs itself, but there has to be thousands of people managing it.  So, if those thousands of people are no longer there, it's not like we will wake up tomorrow and Twitter will be gone.  But, over time, there will be more and more problems with the app and content.  If those employees are replaced by something or someone, eventually, the app will become not enjoyable at all to use and people will leave.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Not to go all tinfoil hat but his ex was begging him to buy Twitter and then crash it.  His decisions have been so contrary to what a genius would do in managing a takeover that it's almost the only thing that makes sense.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Hard to remember since it's already more than a week ago, but within 24 hours of owning Twitter, Elon Musk promoted via his personal account the theory that Paul Pelosi's attacker was actually a gay lover he invited over. 

Then he fired his content gatekeepers. 

What exactly is his vision for Twitter 2.0? Again, the guy's not stupid but how does he honestly see this playing out? 

6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Not much nuance to it if the TS was indeed able to dress and undress in the female locker room with the other females present.  That would be ridiculous for the girls to have to accept and I would have done the same thing as this dad if it happened when my oldest daughter went through HS.  

if accommodations were made for the TS to dress privately then I would understand the parent being in the wrong for going public, but still prob not fired from coaching. 

It was parent(s) plural that objected. One that went to the news.

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Crazy - this isn't all that far away from me so went to read more specifics (like the whole story) in reputable papers - only articles appear in Christian Times, Tucker, NYPost, some conservative british rags and etc.  I'll be sure to share what I can find that might have more fair balanced perspective.  But if this 'dad" was posting crap about a student on a public social media page they did the right thing in firing him.

Is the Manchester journal not local?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, nic said:

Is the Manchester journal not local?

It is up there, honestly initially I was surprised it wasn't in the Boston Globe or on the news here which is why I googled cuz I hadn't heard anything about it and it happened a couple weeks ago.  Then it surprised me that it was only being covered in a few periodicals, many of them overseas and/or known conservative publications.

18 minutes ago, nic said:

That's funny. The CEO of FTX was a big Dem donor. They are not going to investigate him.

FTX is a huge bombshell getting tons of play in the media with ramifications across the board -- and all signs pointing to horrible and quite likely fraudulent upper management. Why do you and Elon assume it won't be investigated along with Twitter's simultaneous meltdown?  Because Elon posts petulant self-serving and inaccurate memes like this?

Elon posted this this morning, willfully ignoring that the House had announced an FTX investigation two days ago, led by none other than Super Dem Maxine Waters.

https://financialservices.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=409920

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1