Censorship

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

FTX is a huge bombshell getting tons of play in the media with ramifications across the board -- and all signs pointing to horrible and quite likely fraudulent upper management. Why do you and Elon assume it won't be investigated along with Twitter's simultaneous meltdown?  Because Elon posts petulant self-serving and inaccurate memes like this?

Elon posted this this morning, willfully ignoring that the House had announced an FTX investigation two days ago, led by none other than Super Dem Maxine Waters.

https://financialservices.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=409920

the house won't investigate because they will be too busy impeaching hunter bidens laptop

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Then why would someone as amazingly brilliant as Musk post something like that?

Or, why would Republicans be trying to claim it isn’t while pointing out the owner is a big Dem donor?

Musk is proving to be every bit the narcissist that Trump is but his tweet doesn't directly say FTX isn't being investigated.  Maybe he said that somewhere else that I haven't seen.

As to your second point.  Because disinformation is what they do, from the top brass all they down to Huskerboard posters.  

• TBH 1
17 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

What exactly is his vision for Twitter 2.0? Again, the guy's not stupid but how does he honestly see this playing out? 

His most likely only goal is to make twitter profitable and then take it back public.  

He’s basically a one man PE firm for twitter in my opinion, meaning he doesn’t want to hold it long term.  Turn it around, make gobs of money and still me the majority voting stock holder.   

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

His most likely only goal is to make twitter profitable and then take it back public.  

He’s basically a one man PE firm for twitter in my opinion, meaning he doesn’t want to hold it long term.  Turn it around, make gobs of money and still me the majority voting stock holder.   

Yeah, but he still has to convince his dwindling internal workforce, investors and advertisers that he has a legitimate plan and/or vision of how to improve the service -- and it would have to be good enough to warrant the $44 billion he most likely overpaid for Twitter. 

Right now it feels like the fantasy flex:  you insulted me and I am wealthy enough to buy you, fire you or simply piss you off at my discretion.

Almost none of it feels like a smart business play.  

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah, but he still has to convince his dwindling internal workforce, investors and advertisers that he has a legitimate plan and/or vision of how to improve the service -- and it would have to be good enough to warrant the $44 billion he most likely overpaid for Twitter. 

Right now it feels like the fantasy flex:  you insulted me and I am wealthy enough to buy you, fire you or simply piss you off at my discretion.

Almost none of it feels like a smart business play.  

One thing though with all the employees who are quitting……

If Musk has an employee number in mind for twitter and he can get people to voluntarily quit to get to that number, that’s probably much cheaper than firing them.  

Plus, if Elon is to be believed, twitter engagement is up 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

One thing though with all the employees who are quitting……

If Musk has an employee number in mind for twitter and he can get people to voluntarily quit to get to that number, that’s probably much cheaper than firing them.  

Plus, if Elon is to be believed, twitter engagement is up 

Well you must be aware that given the many people who quit or were fired, Musk has been forced to beg many of them back as even simple Twitter operations are threatened and in some cases remaining employees don't even have security access. 

It is interesting watching conservatives trying to defend Musk's actions, assuming that his taste for liberal media revenge equates with smart business strategy. 

By the same token, all the liberals wanting Musk's Twitter to crash and burn are actually engaging MORE with the platform, presumably to watch the chaos they're feeding. 

• Plus1 1