Censorship

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

As someone who isn't as much of an expert as he was putting himself out to be.  He's no different than if you or I were to go testify.  Why is his opinion so much more important?

Oh I don’t know, a law degree maybe.   30 plus years of studying teaching and practicing law maybe.  Being a Democrat and Republican witness over 50 times I guess.   Those sort of things. 

• Plus1 2

20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

When did just reading stuff on the internet make you an expert on something?

Depends on what you mean by that.   If you mean utilizing the resources of the internet to study a subject over time, then it might.  If you mean checking out Facebook from time to time then it probably doesn’t.   

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

When narcissistic insecurities can't deal the reality that people aren't that into you. 

I started following him a long time ago, around when he was thinking about buying it.  One part I think he probably won't accept is that my feed is now full of Tesla stuff.  I'm constantly seeing tweets about how great Tesla is.  It's clear that they have put in an algorithm that promotes tweets that say great things about his cars.  OK, there are cool things about his cars.  But, it's overload.  I really don't care anymore about what he has to say on Twitter.  He can do what he wants with his company and if he wants to overload the site with advertising for Tesla, he's free to do so.  But, there's consequences of doing that.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/elon-trump-twitter-files-collusion-biden-censorship-1234675969/amp/

But former Trump administration officials and Twitter employees tell Rolling Stone that the White House’s Teigen tweet demand was hardly an isolated incident: The Trump administration and its allied Republicans in Congress routinely asked Twitter to take down posts they objected to — the exact behavior that they’re claiming makes President Biden, the Democrats, and Twitter complicit in an anti-free speech conspiracy to muzzle conservatives online.

“It was strange to me when all of these investigations were announced because it was all about the exact same stuff that we had done [when Donald Trump was in office],” one former top aide to a senior Trump administration official tells Rolling Stone. “It was normal.”

In interviews with former Twitter personnel, onetime Trump administration officials, and other people familiar with the matter, each source recalled what could be described as a “hotline,” “tipline,” or large Twitter “database” of moderation and removal requests that was frequently pinged by the offices of powerful Democrats and Republicans alike.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Kind of sheds light on how much of a farce these hearings are.  But....it gives Marge and Bobo a forum to yell at twitter employees for banning them.

They are a farce and like I said before I don't get the strategy.  For anyone who isn't already in the cult these just galvanize how utterly brainless the whole of the Republican Party is. Dumb people voting for dumb candidates.  Why put an absolute beat down on display when your challenged base isn't even watching?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2