Censorship

Musk is now on the BOD.  an overhaul of how Twitter applies rules to ban folks would be a good start.

“Looking forward to working with Parag & Twitter board to make significant improvements to Twitter in coming months!" Musk wrote, responding to Agrawal's tweet. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, nic said:

Musk is now on the BOD.  an overhaul of how Twitter applies rules to ban folks would be a good start.

“Looking forward to working with Parag & Twitter board to make significant improvements to Twitter in coming months!" Musk wrote, responding to Agrawal's tweet. 

But, don't dare tweet negativity about his company.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, don't dare tweet negativity about his company.

Elon is good at the game.

I would not be surprised at all if his comments were planned.  He made a statement, then bought stock.  He probably new his statement along with the pending purchase would create enough of a stir drive up prices.  I wouldn't be surprised if he sells his shares for a huge profit long before he ever makes any "changes" at Twitter.

This wouldn't be his first time exploiting markets.

• Plus1 1

31 minutes ago, nic said:

UVA newspaper calls to stop Mike Pence from speaking on campus. 
To be fair, they have received push back from the school facility, but what caused these students to want to shut down a Mike Pence speech? They said Pence speaking there was unjustifiable. 

https://news.virginia.edu/content/uva-student-newspaper-criticized-arguing-against-campus-visit-mike-pence-unjustifiable

The same school that said there was a huge rape culture at the frats...until it turns out the story was all fake.  

Also, I feel like you don't "NEED" to stop Pence from speaking.  I feel like there is a great chance that no one will show up.  I would rather listen to someone read the phonebook. 

• Plus1 4
6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The same school that said there was a huge rape culture at the frats...until it turns out the story was all fake.  

Also, I feel like you don't "NEED" to stop Pence from speaking.  I feel like there is a great chance that no one will show up.  I would rather listen to someone read the phonebook. 

Yeah I thought one of the big things about colleges was supposed to be the free and open exchange of ideas and viewpoints. How many college kids are going to show up to watch that paint dry anyway?

Maybe it wasn’t a thing back in my day but I don’t recall ever going to hear someone speak on campus or even knowing that anyone was speaking somewhere. But I sure knew who was playing at the Zoo Bar and when.

• Plus1 1

I have not read the entire report, but it caught my eye. Funny someone would do this.

North Carolina State University’s Department of Computer Science published, "A Peek into the Political Biases in Email Spam Filtering Algorithms During US Election 2020,"

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2203.16743.pdf

“We made several important observations in our study. For example, as an aggregate trend, Gmail leaned towards the left while Outlook and Yahoo leaned towards the right. Yahoo retained about half of all the political emails in inbox (up to 55.2% marked as spam) while outlook filtered out the vast majority of emails (over 71.8%) from all political candidates and marked them as spam," the proposed methodology section continued. "Gmail, however, retained the majority of left-wing candidate emails in inbox (< 10.12% marked as spam) while sent the majority of right-wing candidate emails to the spam folder (up to 77.2% marked as spam)."

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah I thought one of the big things about colleges was supposed to be the free and open exchange of ideas and viewpoints. How many college kids are going to show up to watch that paint dry anyway?

Maybe it wasn’t a thing back in my day but I don’t recall ever going to hear someone speak on campus or even knowing that anyone was speaking somewhere. But I sure knew who was playing at the Zoo Bar and when.

Hahaha!

I remember the super dorks protesting "Genocide Day' (Columbus Day) one time near the student union.  But I never remember one bit of info about a guest speaker.

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Hahaha!

I remember the super dorks protesting "Genocide Day' (Columbus Day) one time near the student union.  But I never remember one bit of info about a guest speaker.

Closest I ever came to hearing anyone speak was a couple times I stopped at the Broyhill fountain to listen to sister Pat preach about what degenerates and sinners the frat boys were. It was amazing :lol:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Exactly, people that want to go will, others will go to the bar. Leave it at that. Trying to shut him down is a bad look. I suspect the 5 Republicans on campus will show up and 30 protestors will shout Pence down. Or the next tactic will be the threat of students getting hurt during protests and then the school will shut it down or move it over “safety” concerns. That seems to be the MO. My next question is…if Kapernick or BLM or AOC come to speak are there conservative groups that pull the same stunts?

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, nic said:

Exactly, people that want to go will, others will go to the bar. Leave it at that. Trying to shut him down is a bad look. I suspect the 5 Republicans on campus will show up and 30 protestors will shout Pence down. Or the next tactic will be the threat of students getting hurt during protests and then the school will shut it down or move it over “safety” concerns. That seems to be the MO. My next question is…if Kapernick or BLM or AOC come to speak are there conservative groups that pull the same stunts?

It is pretty simple

If you are in college and you go to see Pence speak, you are a loser.

If you are in college and you try to shut down a Pence speech, you are a loser. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

It doesn’t seem to be popular with the HS age kids. I think Musk is a Russian spy activated by Putin to take down Twitter because of its successful campaign against Russian disinformation.:ahhhhhhhh

• Oh Yeah! 1