Censorship

5 hours ago, funhusker said:

Another person confused about the 1st Amendment…

Private company I get it, but why was she punished for that post? I don’t see why that is hate speech? Seems like an opinion on policy. Granted she was patting herself on the back, but why should LinkedIn care? People post about their career successes all the time on LinkedIn.

edit: not private..public company beholding to the shareholders and BOD.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, nic said:

Private company I get it, but why was she punished for that post? I don’t see why that is hate speech? Seems like an opinion on policy. Granted she was patting herself on the back, but why should LinkedIn care? People post about their career successes all the time on LinkedIn.

edit: not private..public company beholding to the shareholders and BOD.

I don’t understand why it would be either.  I’m sure she’s confused and frustrated.

But that doesn’t change the fact that her 1st Amendment rights weren’t stripped away.  Now if the USAF takes her pension away…maybe :dunno

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

I don’t understand why it would be either.  I’m sure she’s confused and frustrated.

But that doesn’t change the fact that her 1st Amendment rights weren’t stripped away.  Now if the USAF takes her pension away…maybe :dunno

Maybe a mistake by LinkedIn. Or an angry recent college grad in major debt working as a monitor for LinkedIn. :D I am not posting this because she claimed first amendment rights. I am concerned that social media police don’t apply the rules consistently. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, nic said:

Maybe a mistake by LinkedIn. Or an angry recent college grad in major debt working as a monitor for LinkedIn. :D I am not posting this because she claimed first amendment rights. I am concerned that social media police don’t apply the rules consistently. 

It took me longer to get a beer I ordered at dinner last night than it took the table next to me to get their food.  We had the same waiter.

Sometimes annoying things happen.  

I once had a Facebook post removed because I jokingly told a friend that someone should “slap the stupid out of” him.  I got the message from FB saying it was deleted for promoting violence and laughed.  And then went about my day.

People are so freaking soft anymore, it’s pathetic.

It’s a social media entry.  It’s not a big deal.  

• Plus1 6
9 hours ago, funhusker said:

I can’t find where she says her First Amendment rights were stripped away in that post?  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Haha.  Do I have to quote the language of the First Amendment for you to?

Not really.   I’m quite capable of lookin it up any time I need a refresher.  It just seems you are really into exact words matter lately so I was trying to figure out where she said that?    I believe she said something to affect of blood was shed for the freedom of speech.   

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Not really.   I’m quite capable of lookin it up any time I need a refresher.  It just seems you are really into exact words matter lately so I was trying to figure out where she said that?    I believe she said something to affect of blood was shed for the freedom of speech.   

Say what now?

My interactions with you lately have been about the Florida law.  Our discussion has been primarily based on your insistence that the law doesn’t literally have the word “gay” in it so it it crazy to call it the “don’t say gay” law.

You might have the wrong guy here.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I don't see where she said her 1A rights were stripped away. I think she's pissed because linkin took down an innocuous post due to political stance only...because there was nothing offensive about it

She literally says "I am frustrated and disappointed. Freedom of Speech has been secured by our blood, sweat and lives."

How can one not assume she's talking about her 1st amendment rights.... mistakenly? :facepalm:

• Plus1 4
25 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I don't see where she said her 1A rights were stripped away. I think she's pissed because linkin took down an innocuous post due to political stance only...because there was nothing offensive about it

I guess the statement about freedom of speech could have been unrelated to her frustration of having a post removed…

But not sure why the average reader would make that assumption.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I guess the statement about freedom of speech could have been unrelated to her frustration of having a post removed…

But not sure why the average reader would make that assumption.

I see it now....maybe I needed another cup of Joe before I replied :blink::(

• Oh Yeah! 1