Censorship

Now, I've never heard of the Babylon Bee, and I don't think they need to be censored, but I am entertained by the pearl-clutching from the right wingers on this.

For the past four years, your idol has been relentlessly attacking legitimate journalists and calling the media the enemy of the people. But now, Facebook removes a f##king Babylon Bee article and they are all "OMG! Freedom of the press!"

No sense of irony, and no shame.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ulty said:

Now, I've never heard of the Babylon Bee, and I don't think they need to be censored, but I am entertained by the pearl-clutching from the right wingers on this.

For the past four years, your idol has been relentlessly attacking legitimate journalists and calling the media the enemy of the people. But now, Facebook removes a f##king Babylon Bee article and they are all "OMG! Freedom of the press!"

No sense of irony, and no shame.

4jbqs9.jpg

• Plus1 5
7 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Note that Facebook demonetized the Babylon Bee but did not censor them. Seems like Facebook does not understand satire and has egg on its face, but you're really reaching for "Enemies of Freedom".

That's what I call it when someone tries to snuff out speech instead of answering with their own.  I condemn right wing censorship too but it happens in the USA maybe twice per decade. 

• Fire 1
8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe it’s an indication of what side is the bigger problem. 

Yes, your side stifles free speech and mine does not. 

edit: the original pretexts for Big Tech censoring the story were that it was stolen material or Russian propaganda.  So far zero evidence supports either excuse. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Yes, your side stifles free speech and mine does not. 

edit: the original pretexts for Big Tech censoring the story were that it was stolen material or Russian propaganda.  So far zero evidence supports either excuse. 

It is laughable that a republican is crying about lack of free speech.  

• Plus1 3
17 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

That's what I call it when someone tries to snuff out speech instead of answering with their own.  I condemn right wing censorship too but it happens in the USA maybe twice per decade. 

Except in this case there is no censorship. Facebook demonetized the Babylon Bee but left all their speech intact. You're whining not about free speech but paid speech.

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Oh so sometimes Zuckerberg is not a dictator but a dirty thief.

I'm finding this humorous when it's been well documented that QAnon and other far right groups like Proud Boys have heavily used Facebook.  It's kind of the reaction I picture them having when they're sitting all jacked up to go save the world.

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

Evergreen.

free_speech.png

I've shared that same illustration several times with some of my more, shall I say, closed-minded friends and family. I really thought the extra expletives would help get the point across, but they just never seem to get it.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

I've shared that same illustration several times with some of my more, shall I say, closed-minded friends and family. I really thought the extra expletives would help get the point across, but they just never seem to get it.

Well the problem with it is that it's wrong. 

Hannity reporting that NPR is refusing to cover the Hunter Biden story.  This fits even the pin-hole definition of censorship because NPR takes money from the US Taxpayer.  Regardless of your party people should say it's long past time for NPR to become a private radio company and sell ads like their competition. 

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Hannity reporting that NPR is refusing to cover the Hunter Biden story.  This fits even the pin-hole definition of censorship because NPR takes money from the US Taxpayer. 

This is one of the stupidest things you have said on this board, which is no small feat.

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Hannity reporting that NPR is refusing to cover the Hunter Biden story.

Hannity is one of the progenitors of this propaganda, it's being skewered for the obvious fakery that it is, and so he's trying to go on the offensive to change the narrative. 

• Plus1 1