Censorship

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You know very well that's not what she's doing. 

Are we really pretending that "call to arms" is not a common phrase? 

And you claim that Trump "incited insurrection" when this is what he actually said:

Here is what he actually said…

• “We’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue and we’re going to the Capitol,”
  • “We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women.”
  • “I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.”
  • “So, let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I want to thank you all. God bless you and God bless America.”
  • Later, after the rioting began, he tweeted, “I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, we are the Party of Law & Order, respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you.” 
  • A second tweet, “Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful.”

*sigh* .... 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

And you claim that Trump "incited insurrection" when this is what he actually said:

*sigh* .... 

You can try to whitewash history all you want. We have the receipts.

You also, probably mistakenly, I'm sure, left out quite a few of the cheeto's quotes. I'm sure that was an oversight.

Trump Supporters’ Own Explanations For Assaulting The Capitol Are Undercutting His Impeachment Defense

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You can try to whitewash history all you want. We have the receipts.

You also, probably mistakenly, I'm sure, left out quite a few of the cheeto's quotes. I'm sure that was an oversight.

Trump Supporters’ Own Explanations For Assaulting The Capitol Are Undercutting His Impeachment Defense

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And you prove my point that you don't care about precedent, only your hysterical emotions surrounding the issue.

• Plus1 3
50 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Lots of questions for Musk about where the line is, then. The bloated cheeto instigated his useful idiots to attack a sitting session of Congress. A woman was killed and others suffered medical events that led to their death, all fomented by the cheeto. That's not a line in the sand for Musk?

What is, then? 

A secondary point is, does TFG come crawling back thanks to Musk's charity? Can his ego allow that? I haven't seen anyone really talking about that. TFG himself said he wouldn't come back to Twitter if the ban was lifted, but I don't know if that's true.

I see people are starting to think about how this is going to go down.

This seems very plausible, honestly.

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What "precedent" are you talking about?

Lightfoot says this is a "call to arms" which is pretty obviously an encouragement of violence, and you dismiss it.

Trump explicitly tells people to protest peacefully, and you say he incited "insurrection"

Your judgements are obviously not based on any sort of precedent or underlying principles. If it's anti-trump you'll support it, and if it's not even pro-trump but just neutral-trump your head pops off with rage. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

So basically Elon Musk wants to run twitter the exact same way it is now, with nebulous censorship for rule violating posts that include suspensions, deleting tweets, and shadowbanning tweets/accounts by hiding them in the algorithms, but the only difference is he doesn't believe in permanent bans.

Wow what a victory for free speech you guys this is incredible we're all going to be very happy with this new approach.

1 minute ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Lightfoot says this is a "call to arms" which is pretty obviously an encouragement of violence, and you dismiss it.

It is 100% NOT a call for violence. Stop pretending this is remotely the same thing. @RedDenver provided the context of "a call to arms" as a motivator for anyone who really wants to pretend they've never heard that phrase before.

Don't be such a try-too-hard.

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

You constantly post tweets from a guy with a Ukraine flag in their twitter name because he satisfies your anti-trump kink... something about glass houses and stones...

Pssst.....I'm not the one who comes on here and always claims people who disagree with me are brainwashed or indoctrinated.  That's what I'm pointing out.  You obviously are......even though you claim everyone else is.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Pssst.....I'm not the one who comes on here and always claims people who disagree with me are brainwashed or indoctrinated.  That's what I'm pointing out.  You obviously are......even though you claim everyone else is.

Just taking notes on what you're saying:

*BRB says he doesn't come on here calling people brainwashed

*BRB claims I'm the only one who calls people brainwashed

*BRB calls me brainwashed

:rolleyes:

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It is 100% NOT a call for violence. Stop pretending this is remotely the same thing. @RedDenver provided the context of "a call to arms" as a motivator for anyone who really wants to pretend they've never heard that phrase before.

Don't be such a try-too-hard.

Then I guess you won't mind applying the benefit-of-the-doubt precedent to your favorite cheeto either when he says "We've gotta fight like hell", especially when he explicitly instructs people to remain peaceful...

K, cool.

• Plus1 3
Just now, ActualCornHusker said:

Then I guess you won't mind applying the benefit-of-the-doubt precedent to your favorite cheeto either when he says "We've gotta fight like hell", especially when he explicitly instructs people to remain peaceful...

K, cool.

His own followers read that - and his actions in the weeks leading up to that fateful speech - as a call to action. 

Don't take my word for it. Take the word of the white supremacists who love your cheeto god.

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Maybe that'd be easier to do if there weren't years of evidence of Trump encouraging or failing to discourage violence at rallies and on social media. 

"these THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd and I won't let that happen... when the looting starts, the shooting starts"

"When you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just seen them thrown in, rough. I said, 'Please don't be too nice. When you guys put somebody in the car and you're protecting their head you know, the way you put their hand over [their head], like, 'Don't hit their head and they've just killed somebody, don't hit their head.' I said, 'You can take the hand away, OK?'

"Any guy that can do a body slam, he is my type!" - in reference to a politician who bodyslammed a reporter for no reason

"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell ... I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise, I promise,"

"He's walking out with big high-fives, smiling, laughing," Trump said. "I'd like to punch him in the face, I'll tell you."

"Get him out," he said of a protester. "Try not to hurt him. If you do, I'll defend you in court. Don't worry about it."

"See the first group I was nice, 'oh take your time'. The second group I was pretty nice. The third group I'll be a little more violent and the fourth group I'll say 'get the hell out of here"

he was a guy who was swinging, very loud and started swinging at the audience and the audience swung back and I thought it was very, very appropriate.”

“He was swinging, he was hitting people and the audience hit back and that’s what we need,”

"I love the old days, you know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They’d be carried out in a stretcher, folks. Oh, it’s true.”

For benefit of the doubt to work you kind of need some doubt.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1