Censorship

36 minutes ago, nic said:

I haven’t watched SNL in decades….I think I will tune in. :snacks:

"SNL" writer Celeste Yim, whose pronouns are they/them – featured in their Instagram bio -- reportedly posted a message to their social media story amid Chappelle’s scheduled appearance.

"I’m trans and non-binary. Transphobia is murder and it should be condemned," Yim stated, according to Reddit.

Wait - because of the transphobic host NOW you'll tune in?  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

Wait - because of the transphobic host NOW you'll tune in?  

I'd argue that Chappelle is not transphobic. I mean, I probably won't, because it would be tiresome and unlikely to change the minds of people who believe he is, but I'm of the opinion that transphobia is not an accurate descriptor of his saga making jokes about trans people.

But with that being said, I think too many people are now suddenly fans of Chappelle because they believe he is transphobic and is now a part of their team. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I'd argue that Chappelle is not transphobic. I mean, I probably won't, because it would be tiresome and unlikely to change the minds of people who believe he is, but I'm of the opinion that transphobia is not an accurate descriptor of his saga making jokes about trans people.

But with that being said, I think too many people are now suddenly fans of Chappelle because they believe he is transphobic and is now a part of their team. 

Yeah I don't neccessarily disagree with you.  I'm just not sure what I'd call him.  He's used that community to further his career and to build a new population of followers.  His cruel comments regardless are distasteful and hurtful.  I do watch SNL weekly (on Sunday am's) but will choose not to this week.