OLB Tausili Akana [Texas - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

16 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Akana commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• 1 month later...

8 hours ago, Mavric said:

Apparently he and Raiola have been friends for years going back to when they were both in Hawai'i.

I'm hopeful, but this feels like a tough pull. Although luckily we've done a good job developing defensive talent so there is some hope.

Frost needs to do well in the final 6 games to really show recruits that the program is on a better trajectory. These kind of players aren't going to take chances on a program in flux.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

"Being the third time on campus I really just wanted to get to know the new staff, talk to them and get to know everyone better.

There aren't any planned trips for Akana at the moment. He does want to get out to some of the schools that are a little further away soon.

"Right now I am just heading home and will start traveling again in the middle of May," Akana said. "I want to go to Alabama, LSU and those schools that are out there that are further away."

Akana says that Nebraska will be there all the way to the end for him. He hasn't eliminated any teams yet and says that he will be back in Lincoln for a week that allows him to take in a football game and a volleyball game.

"Most definitely. I am leaving all of my options open and still taking things in. I am definitely getting back to Lincoln this fall where I can see a game and see my sister play."

There has been no thought given to official visits yet by Akana. He isn't even sure when he will start taking his official visits.

"I haven't even started thinking about my official visits yet. I don't know if I will be taking any official visits this summer or not."

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to OLB Tausili Akana [Texas - Signed LOI]