Husker Captains Named

knapplc

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

Speaks volumes about Kade's leadership.  Hoping he can be a comfortable target with AM (or Luke).  I think that it ends the discussion for game 1.  What do you you as HC if your captain QB struggles.....Bench a captain?

I have a good feeling about this season. We are going to surprise a few teams.

If the captain isn’t performing, Frost shouldn’t have an issue benching him, and that captain shouldn’t have an issue being benched. 

• Plus1 3

18 minutes ago, Undone said:

Adrian and our offense did a lot right in 2018, though. We were 2nd in the conference in offensive yards per game.

This. A better showing from our defense would've allowed us to play to our strengths rather than play catch up all game

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Undone said:

Adrian and our offense did a lot right in 2018, though. We were 2nd in the conference in offensive yards per game.

Overall, I agree with that statement, however, thats beside my point. I look forward to a healthy AM in a well developed offense, but he also made some really head scratching decisions - when he was healthy even. I hope he grew/developed out of that and if he doesn’t then there is someone capable of taking over, hence a shorter leash and that’s a positive.  

17 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Overall, I agree with that statement, however, thats beside my point. I look forward to a healthy AM in a well developed offense, but he also made some really head scratching decisions - when he was healthy even. I hope he grew/developed out of that and if he doesn’t then there is someone capable of taking over, hence a shorter leash and that’s a positive.  

Some of those "head scratching decisions" weren't on him if you look at the film.  Have a receiver run the wrong route and the QB looks terrible...    I do agree with the shorter leash statement but I think AM takes too much of the blame. 

• Plus1 2
17 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Makes sense for sure and it's nice to actually feel pretty good about our QB group.

Slightly different train of thought: I'm really glad that the team voted Adrian as captain. I feel good about all of the guys that were named but am also specifically happy that D-Cap got the nod as well. Would love to see Bootle have a great season.

• Plus1 1