Call Your Shot - 2020 Prediction Thread

Cdog923

7 hours ago, lo country said:

Here was my original last week.  (posted on Oct 17).My original included the 9th game.....So 6-1 down the stretch would make us meet OSU again. Probably another loss. That's make 6-2 down the stretch or my original 6-3:D (

We will have to cancel/forfeit.  No way to reschedule. The B1G didn't leave any wiggle room like the Big XII, SEC and ACC.....

I think we surprise PSU or OSU.  I really do. This season feels completely different for all the right reasons.  Game Day joking about NU, Fox crew no respect at all.  We are seen as the Maryland and Rutgers of the B1G right now.  Frost finally has a team that has his mentality. All gas, no brakes.  It will show this season.  Wan'dale's comments when asked about being a 21 point dog to OSU.  No points on that scoreboard yet.........Yea.  We are different.  

I was predicting a losing season pre-covid (4-8/5-7).  Now I feel that we go 6-3/5-4 regular season.  Unsure who would be a pre-season loss, but would say OSU and PSU, but as above we catch one of those. I'm honestly more apt to say OSU.  They play PSU the following week.  Everyone today talking about OSU getting a tune up game.  We are not even on Day or OSU's radar.......PSU will have our attention.  

We are in contention for the West.  Austin, IMHO, will be the Husker MVP with the running game coordinator.....Pass the Kool-Aid.  This year we see the future of NU.

If we are seen as the maryland and rutgers of the b1g, what are maryland and rutgers seen as?

Edited by desertshox
Spelling
  • 2 weeks later...

"Halfway" through the regular season at 1-2.

Remaining games:

Illinois (1-3) - Lost to Purdue by 7, Lost to Minny by 27, Beat Rutgers by 3

@ Iowa (2-2) - Lost to Purdue by 4, Lost to Northwestern by 1, Beat Minny by 28

Purdue (2-1) - Beat Iowa by 4, Beat Illinois by 7, Lost to Northwestern by 7

Minnesota (1-3) - Beat Illinois by 27, Lost to Iowa by 28

Sure seems like we should have every chance to beat Illinois and Minnesota.  Judging by how all three of Nebraska, Iowa and Purdue played Northwestern close, the others are roughly a coin flip. 

We'll see.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Mavric said:

"Halfway" through the regular season at 1-2.

Remaining games:

Illinois (1-3) - Lost to Purdue by 7, Lost to Minny by 27, Beat Rutgers by 3

@ Iowa (2-2) - Lost to Purdue by 4, Lost to Northwestern by 1, Beat Minny by 28

Purdue (2-1) - Beat Iowa by 4, Beat Illinois by 7, Lost to Northwestern by 7

Minnesota (1-3) - Beat Illinois by 27, Lost to Iowa by 28

Sure seems like we should have every chance to beat Illinois and Minnesota.  Judging by how all three of Nebraska, Iowa and Purdue played Northwestern close, the others are roughly a coin flip. 

We'll see.

Could see anything from 2-5 to 5-2...

I'm going with 4-3 with a loss to Iowa, which makes me sick to my stomach but would be a winning season.  Then split the 9th (8th) game and the bowl to go 5-4

Hoping for a 5-2 and then play Indiana, get a win there and then a bowl game to go 7-2.

And that is why hope is a dangerous thing, Red.

• Plus1 1