Call Your Shot - 2020 Prediction Thread

Cdog923

I've been hitting the kool-aid hard, can't decide between 6-2 and 5-3 - and I could see a dream 7-1 scenario, which is a sure sign I need to stop. I think we could surprise OSU right off the bat, but surprise in this case means lose by less than 30.

I really think this is the year we put it together against the West. I don't think we run the table in division, but but I think we win at least 2 of Wisky, Minny, and Iowa. 

• Plus1 1

I'll go with 4-4:

Ohio State - L

Wisconsin - L

Northwestern - W 

Penn St. - L

Illinois - W

Iowa - W

Purdue - W

Minnesota - L

Since I don't know who we would play in game 9, hard to even speculate there. If it's a team like Indiana then I'm going with a loss.

It'll be incredibly exciting to watch our guys run out onto the field this Saturday night in Columbus. But I don't think this game is much of an indication of where we're really at. I think we'll finally play Wisconsin close, lose that one also, but then come back with our heads on straight for the rest of the year.

I think 5-3 is very possible this year with most wins on the backend of the schedule.  The weather will get worse as the season goes on and we, hopefully, will be much better at running the ball this year.  With an experienced line, good blocking ends, and better perimeter blocking, I like our chances against everyone but Ohio State and Penn State.  

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

:confucius:blink:

Tell you what, they got the better of us last year with their offense. I think we're in their same "tier" of the conference this year but since I have no real bearing on whether we've improved drastically in special teams, my prediction is that most close games go to the other team this year.

2 minutes ago, Undone said:

Tell you what, they got the better of us last year with their offense. I think we're in their same "tier" of the conference this year but since I have no real bearing on whether we've improved drastically in special teams, my prediction is that most close games go to the other team this year.

So..you're saying we beat NW, Ill, Iowa and Purdue....but aren't good enough to beat Indiana.:blink:

1 minute ago, Undone said:

Good chance the weather is absolute crap for that 9th game.  I like our chances against an Indiana caliber team in December.

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So..you're saying we beat NW, Ill, Iowa and Purdue....but aren't good enough to beat Indiana.:blink:

Yeah, man. We match up well against teams that don't have good passing offenses. Indiana has a good passing offense.

Anyway, 4-4 is my prediction for the 'regular season.'

Ohio State - W/L

Wisconsin - L

Northwestern - W 

Penn St. - L

Illinois - W

Iowa - W

Purdue - W

Minnesota - W/L

4-4 to 6-2 

Just a guess. I would rather play OSU first out of the gate, rather than later in the year. There have been a LOT of upsets since play resumed, so I really think we could win on Saturday. Minny could go either way. 

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

6-3.

Wins over Purdue, Ill, NW, Wishy, Iowa and Minny.  

Losses ot PSU, OSU and whomever the 9th game is.

I agree. I see us only losing to PSU and OSU this year (1 of them twice). Wisc will be a toss up but I think we finally exercise our special teams demons against them and Iowa to pull off close wins. 

• Plus1 1

I honestly think this team starts to turn a slight corner. But this year is sooo goofy, I dont know if that will equal to wins.

Ohio State - L

Wisconsin - L

Northwestern - W 

Penn St. - L

Illinois - W

Iowa - L

Purdue - W

Minnesota - W

4-4 would be a success in my mind.

You have to win the 3 games you can win/ NW, IL, PUr.

Iowa/MN/WI could all be potential wins if our offense can be explosive. 

This could also very easily be a 1-7 season.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1