Where To Watch - This Sat Game?

The game is "over the air" on big FOX, so your cheapest option may be to grab a cheap antenna and hook it up to your TV.

Just now, bugeater17 said:

This game is on Fox. If you don't already have an antenna they are pretty cheap to pick-up at Wal-Mart or off of Amazon. 

I posted this at the exact same time you did.  Great minds....

• Plus1 2

YouTube TV. I believe they still do a week trial if you've never signed up for the service before, so you should be able to stream this week's game via FOX. And honestly, YTTV is the best television via broadband service out there, bar none. Unlimited storage on their cloud DVRs with nine month retention...you can record ALL college football games and watch at your leisure. 

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

YouTube TV. I believe they still do a week trial if you've never signed up for the service before, so you should be able to stream this week's game via FOX. And honestly, YTTV is the best television via broadband service out there, bar none. Unlimited storage on their cloud DVRs with nine month retention...you can record ALL college football games and watch at your leisure. 

Plus, YouTubeTV doesn't have a contract, so people can get it and leave it when they want.  I get people trying to save $ by dropping cable, but I also don't get when people complain about being able to watch a game when they only use streaming.  YouTubeTV enables people to stream all the key channels.  It costs some $, but still lower than cable/satellite.

• Plus1 1

The other thing with YouTube TV is you get ALL the college ball channels. So, you can catch every Husker game regardless if their on major networks, BTN, ESPNU, ESPN Classic, etc. Plus you can login an watch them through streaming services, etc. Most cable packages you have to upgrade to some obscene level to get ESPNU and such. So, from a sports option YouTube TV is by far the best.

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

The other thing with YouTube TV is you get ALL the college ball channels. So, you can catch every Husker game regardless if their on major networks, BTN, ESPNU, ESPN Classic, etc. Plus you can login an watch them through streaming services, etc. Most cable packages you have to upgrade to some obscene level to get ESPNU and such. So, from a sports option YouTube TV is by far the best.

Technically this isn't 100% correct, as you cannot get Longwhorn Network on YTTV. 

But yeah, no one gives a s*** about that multi-million dollar albatross that ESPN is killing themselves with. 

8 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Technically this isn't 100% correct, as you cannot get Longwhorn Network on YTTV. 

But yeah, no one gives a s*** about that multi-million dollar albatross that ESPN is killing themselves with. 

Haha good point, but I just ignore that garbage network!

• Plus1 1

So I guess they are blocking off O street to let people drink on the streets after getting their booze from the bars.  

I had this idea 10 years ago!  So it took Covid to make it happen when they could have been basking in this idea for years!

Gameday.  Close off R street so the frats can party outside and fans can party.  close off O street so the bars can sell and fans can party outside.  

• Plus1 3
14 hours ago, teachercd said:

So I guess they are blocking off O street to let people drink on the streets after getting their booze from the bars.  

I had this idea 10 years ago!  So it took Covid to make it happen when they could have been basking in this idea for years!

Gameday.  Close off R street so the frats can party outside and fans can party.  close off O street so the bars can sell and fans can party outside.  

The problem with blocking off O Street during a real gameday where there would be 90K people at Memorial Stadium plus another 10-20K people walking around downtown & campus, is that O Street is such a main thoroughfare for the city for people to get through the area.  It's the only East-West 2-way street in downtown Lincoln, so if that was closed every Saturday, it would create an even bigger cluster-eff in the traffic situation.

Closing R Street would be interesting for people to walk through campus easier and hang out, but that's also University property, so how do they work through the "dry campus" issue with that?  I know the University does allow alcohol consumption on University property at tailgate spots and at other University events, but that just opens up more troubles to police under-age consumption.