Where To Watch - This Sat Game?

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The problem with blocking off O Street during a real gameday where there would be 90K people at Memorial Stadium plus another 10-20K people walking around downtown & campus, is that O Street is such a main thoroughfare for the city for people to get through the area.  It's the only East-West 2-way street in downtown Lincoln, so if that was closed every Saturday, it would create an even bigger cluster-eff in the traffic situation.

Closing R Street would be interesting for people to walk through campus easier and hang out, but that's also University property, so how do they work through the "dry campus" issue with that?  I know the University does allow alcohol consumption on University property at tailgate spots and at other University events, but that just opens up more troubles to police under-age consumption.

Not sure why opening up R street instead of O street would cause more problems with underage consumption.  I'm sure the areas would be fenced off if it's being served by an establishment. 

59 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The problem with blocking off O Street during a real gameday where there would be 90K people at Memorial Stadium plus another 10-20K people walking around downtown & campus, is that O Street is such a main thoroughfare for the city for people to get through the area.  It's the only East-West 2-way street in downtown Lincoln, so if that was closed every Saturday, it would create an even bigger cluster-eff in the traffic situation.

Closing R Street would be interesting for people to walk through campus easier and hang out, but that's also University property, so how do they work through the "dry campus" issue with that?  I know the University does allow alcohol consumption on University property at tailgate spots and at other University events, but that just opens up more troubles to police under-age consumption.

Well I don't have all the answers!  

It is just a dream!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I wonder what the crowds at the sports bars in Omaha will be like on Saturday.

We are looking at hitting up a Tanner's.

I think most will be at capacity- there is enough of the population that isn't concerned with Covid and we are all ready for Husker Football.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I wonder what the crowds at the sports bars in Omaha will be like on Saturday.

We are looking at hitting up a Tanner's.

Evidently I am in the minority, but I have never gone to a bar to watch a Husker game. I either watch in person for home games, have/attend a watch party at someone's house, or watch at home. Way cheaper booze, and better munchies. 

And, btw, I do drink (sometimes too much) but have never understood the draw of overpaying for drinks and having others talk/yell/shout over any conversation I am trying to have.

image.png.13c787182c3c31a47f008e0541696541.png

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Evidently I am in the minority, but I have never gone to a bar to watch a Husker game. I either watch in person for home games, have/attend a watch party at someone's house, or watch at home. Way cheaper booze, and better munchies. 

And, btw, I do drink (sometimes too much) but have never understood the draw of overpaying for drinks and having others talk/yell/shout over any conversation I am trying to have.

I generally agree with all of this, but I've had fun at a few watch parties. It's different if you live out of state and don't interact with Huskers fans on a daily basis 

16 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I agree on the cost, it sucks.  Tanners have got really expensive.  But the atmosphere is fun most of the time.

House parties are okay but it can be a bit tamer if you have little kids running around or wives.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Guessing you haven't had the pleasure of watching a game with two or more wives that say we should get together for a game and then after the first kickoff forget there is a game for the next 3+ hours :(

• Haha 1