Ohio State Week Pressers

Mavric

15 minutes ago, Undone said:

Sure.  But I have an easier time hanging my hopes on him as a big JUCO transfer rated as a four star than an undersized two star walk-on and a bunch of freshmen that have never seen a single snap in a college football game.

Very true and I get where you are coming from.  We have just seen so many kids hyped through the years that end up doing little to nothing for the team.  I try to wait until they see the field before passing judgement.  He does look good on paper though...    

4 hours ago, Undone said:

I hesitate to post this because it is pure speculation. But I wonder if Manning got a positive COVID test but maybe has no real symptoms.

A big part of me thinks that if he doesn't travel to Ohio State it's a bad sign for him playing any other games...but if the COVID-positive thing were actually the case then he would definitely be playing many other games, but probably not this one.

That was what I heard, albeit from a friend of a friend type thing.  It’s reasonable with the timeframe, but then there are reasons to say that’s not it too. 

guess no one really knows. 

5 hours ago, Undone said:

I hesitate to post this because it is pure speculation. But I wonder if Manning got a positive COVID test but maybe has no real symptoms.

A big part of me thinks that if he doesn't travel to Ohio State it's a bad sign for him playing any other games...but if the COVID-positive thing were actually the case then he would definitely be playing many other games, but probably not this one.

I think you might be on to something. If memory serves he tweeted something a few weeks ago like "I've never been this sick" and then quickly deleted it. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Undone said:

Sure.  But I have an easier time hanging my hopes on him as a big JUCO transfer rated as a four star than an undersized two star walk-on and a bunch of freshmen that have never seen a single snap in a college football game.

....sure glad that second description was just a hypothetical. :)

4 hours ago, Undone said:

Nice write-up. Basically, this is why we really need the Stanley Morgan guy (Omar Manning) out there. In 2018, JD got free because of the attention Stan got, etc., etc.

With a healthy and motivated Omar Manning out there I really think we beat Iowa this year, and probably even Minnesota.

Meanwhile, Frost apparently still ain't sure if Manning will make the trip to Ohio State:

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/red-report-frost-says-its-unclear-if-juco-wr-manning-will-make-trip-culp-wins/article_0231a5b1-9891-5c96-9ac4-ae3b32aa336f.html

• Plus1 1