Ohio State Week Pressers

Mavric

3 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

Lincoln Riley has proven himself pretty well at OU so far.  He has averaged 12 wins a year since taking over and has led OU to the playoffs every year.   This year hasnt started off like they wanted but its still early.

As of this weekend, the season is half over. :P

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, jaws said:

Statements like this make me laugh. Its like OSU could roll out some random coach and they would win the B1G.  If it is so easy to coach talent, places like Texas, Texas A&M, Auburn, and USC wouldn't be in the state they are in. 

Or Florida State.

13 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

3 great transfer QBs in a row. I thought Rattler was gonna come right in and do well but he does not look ready. Either they are not as good at development from freshman or Rattler is a dud

I think Rattler is far from a dud...smh.  Through 4 games he has 13 TD to 5 INT, over 70% completion percentage (92 of 129 attempts completed), and has thrown for 1200 yards... all as a freshman.  His lone "bad" performance was against Kansas State where he had a 73.2% completion percentage, 4 touchdowns, 400 yards through the air, but had 3 interceptions.  His offense still put up 35 points which should be enough to win.  99% of teams in the country would be ecstatic with those stats.  If Oklahoma played defense, they would be undefeated and he would remain in the Heisman conversation.  

• Plus1 5

27 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I think Rattler is far from a dud...smh.  Through 4 games he has 13 TD to 5 INT, over 70% completion percentage (92 of 129 attempts completed), and has thrown for 1200 yards... all as a freshman.  His lone "bad" performance was against Kansas State where he had a 73.2% completion percentage, 4 touchdowns, 400 yards through the air, but had 3 interceptions.  His offense still put up 35 points which should be enough to win.  99% of teams in the country would be ecstatic with those stats.  If Oklahoma played defense, they would be undefeated and he would remain in the Heisman conversation.  

Oklahoma is #10 in scoring offense and #44 (out of 77) in scoring defense.

Obviously the offense is the problem.

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Have you been watching the games. If you want to say dud is too harsh because he is a freshman thats fine but compared to how everyone else has looked in that system he has not looked great vs 4 defenses that have all been exploited at some point this year. 

Also @Mavric their defense has looked bad every year but that didnt stop them from going to the playoffs. 

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

It will be nice if Cerni can make it back at some point this season.  Frost wasn't putting him out for the rest of the season, but he also sounded cautious about Cerni returning this season.

Interesting. I took the opposite that it was gonna be a 2-3 week thing. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Decked said:

Interesting. I took the opposite that it was gonna be a 2-3 week thing. 

Maybe I read Frost's tone differently.  It just seemed like from his response, he didn't want to commit to Cerni being out the entire season, but he also seemed cautious to me.

Either way, it's good that he isn't officially out for the season like some had mentioned here.

• Fire 1