Next Presidential Debate 10/22

trump brought out the crazy right wing stuff all night long.   for people not deep in the fox news bubble he looked deranged as always.   joe presented himself as knowledgeable on the topics and didn't take the bait trump threw out all night long.   i score it a decisive win for joe for most americans.   and of course the far right bubble declared trump the winner  

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, commando said:

trump brought out the crazy right wing stuff all night long.   for people not deep in the fox news bubble he looked deranged as always.   joe presented himself as knowledgeable on the topics and didn't take the bait trump threw out all night long.   i score it a decisive win for joe for most americans.   and of course the far right bubble declared trump the winner  

Looking forward to a week of hearing about the Poor Boys.  At least this time I've known boys who are poor.

To be fair, I thought Trump did much better tonight than he did in the last two. Don't get me wrong, he still lied through his teeth for most of it but he did form some coherent thoughts and sentences and was much more reserved/civil than I thought he could be. Based on message and character I would say Biden won but, for anyone who likes Donnie's message, I at least can understand if they claim Trump won. It really was the only one of the three that was even watchable. That is partly due to Trump keeping it reeled in tighter and I thought the moderator did an excellent job.

Pretty doubtful it did anything to change anyone's mind and probably was little help for a true undecided.

23 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I To be fair, I thought Trump did much better tonight than he did in the last two. Don't get me wrong, he still lied through his teeth for most of it but he did form some coherent thoughts and sentences and was much more reserved/civil than I thought he could be. Based on message and character I would say Biden won but, for anyone who likes Donnie's message, I at least can understand if they claim Trump won. It really was the only one of the three that was even watchable. That is partly due to Trump keeping it reeled in tighter and I thought the moderator did an excellent job.

Pretty doubtful it did anything to change anyone's mind and probably was little help for a true undecided.

I agree with you and thought there were no home runs but no major errors made outside of the expected lies and exaggerations. Biden did himself no favors with the phasing out the oil industry comment. Expect trump to run an ad wt it in Pa Tx and other oil sensitive states. I don’t think it was trump’s goal To answer every question but to point out that Biden is a lifelong politician who got nothing done. Biden goal was to show he has a plan and to look prepared. I think both accomplished their goals. I think the race will tighten up a bit more

37 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

To be fair, I thought Trump did much better tonight than he did in the last two. Don't get me wrong, he still lied through his teeth for most of it but he did form some coherent thoughts and sentences and was much more reserved/civil than I thought he could be. Based on message and character I would say Biden won but, for anyone who likes Donnie's message, I at least can understand if they claim Trump won. It really was the only one of the three that was even watchable. That is partly due to Trump keeping it reeled in tighter and I thought the moderator did an excellent job.

I mean I guess a Trump who sounds coherent, more reserved, and civil, but lies the whole time is better than a Trump who sounds incoherent, less reserved and uncivil, but lies the whole time.

Then again, that's like saying a turd sandwich sounds better than a slightly bigger turd sandwich. 

If you have to blatantly lie the entire debate, you didn't win the debate. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

"Lowest I.Q. immigrants" was vintage Trump.

I.e., a complete piece of s#!t.

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Biden did himself no favors with the phasing out the oil industry comment. Expect trump to run an ad wt it in Pa Tx and other oil sensitive states.

I think the race will tighten up a bit more

I think these are the only two things that moved the needle for anybody. Trump lost some Latinos and Biden lost some on oil. Guessing that does a little more damage to Joe so yeah, the race prob tightens up just a little. Based on Texas polling I’ve seen, that could cost him a blowout win....but I also don’t think carrying Texas was ever required for Joe (and prob wishful hoping anyway).  PA would be a nice swing state to bring in though. But IIRC Penn wasn’t looking super good for him anyway. I might have that wrong...