Saunders

Who Wins?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Call your shot!

• Ohio State Wins and Covers (-26)
    • Nebraska covers
    • Nebraska wins (lol)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/24/2020 at 03:00 PM

2020 Game 1 “Expert” Picks: Nebraska @ Ohio State

—————

CollegeFootballNews.com

https://collegefootballnews.com/2020/10/ohio-state-vs-nebraska-prediction-game-preview

Why Nebraska Will Win

Is this when the offense starts to kick in? Adrian Martinez won the job back, Dedrick Mills is a good back to work around, and despite a few too many issues last year, this year’s offensive front should be a plus. The firepower is there. The receiving corps is way young, but it has the potential to be way good as long as Martinez gets time to work. The running game that was among the best in the Big Ten with over 200 yards per game and it needs to be explosive from the start. The Huskers ran for 184 yards in the meeting last year, and no one ran for more until Wisconsin hit the 200-yard mark in the Big Ten Championship. However …

Why Ohio State Will Win

Ohio State got run on by the Huskers last year … and won 48-7. There’s still a huge question mark about whether or not the Nebraska offense can consistently keep things moving against a defense with Ohio State’s athleticism and speed. The power isn’t there to blast away, and the Buckeye linebackers can run and run some more to keep Martinez and Mills in check. The bigger problem for Nebraska is on the defensive side. There’s size up front, but can anyone get into the backfield to bother Justin Fields on a consistent basis? The OSU offensive front should be among the best in the country, and it’ll be up to the rotation of Oklahoma transfer Trey Sermon and Master Teague to take over the game early on. Fields will be Fields and push the ball down the field, but the Buckeyes can be balanced against this Husker D.

What’s Going To Happen

Ohio State will press too much out of the gate and have a hard time getting going, and then the second quarter will happen. Just when it seems like Nebraska is about to have a breakthrough moment, the Ohio State explosion will happen with a huge run to take over the game before halftime. The Buckeye defensive front will take over in the second half.

Ohio State 41 - Nebraska 17

—————

247Sports

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Predictions-college-football-best-Week-8-games-Alabama-Tennessee-Baylor-Texas-Ohio-State-Nebraska-153301466/#153301466_7

Chris Hummer: I have no doubt Ohio State wins this game. The Buckeyes are a great, motivated team. But a small part of me thinks Nebraska manages to keep this close enough. These teams are coming in cold, the Buckeyes will want to get reps for some of their backups and Scott Frost is incentivized to keep his starters in as long as needed – another OSU blowout is going to kill the Huskers on the trail and further harm Frost’s reputation. Given all of those factors, I like Nebraska to pull out a backdoor cover

Ohio State 48 - Nebraska 24

Bud Crawford: Four touchdowns is a scary line if you're backing the Buckeyes here, but Ohio State is 3-1 against the spread in its past four games against the Huskers. Ironically, the closest game over that stretch was last time these teams met in Columbus. Ohio State's offense won't be full-throttle in Week 1, but it'll be enough to cover against a Nebraska squad that will have trouble scoring.

Ohio State 38 - Nebraska 10

—————

ESPN FPI

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401247293

Ohio State - 95.4% Win

—————

DRatings

https://www.dratings.com/predictor/ncaa-football-predictions/upcoming/3#scroll-upcoming

Ohio State - 89.4% Win

—————

Bill Connelly SP+

https://twitter.com/ESPN_BillC/status/1318899991776120833?s=20

Ohio State 41 - Nebraska 19

—————

Big Red Wrap-Up

http://netnebraska.org/media/media.php?bin=NET&vidgroup=50012862&jwsource=cl

Mike’l Severe: Ohio State 42 - Nebraska 24

Jay More: Ohio State 38 - Nebraska 20

—————

More to come!!!

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Not one score for OSU over 50?  That surprises me a bit.  

Unless NU can run the ball well and play fast but still hold on to the rock and chew clock, I just don't see how OSU will not be scoring a lot.

OSU will probably put up crazy yards. Part of this will be their talent and part the NU def will play super agressive. This could lead to 2+ turnovers.

We could see 550+ yards and 2+ turnovers causing the the total points to be 35/40ish

Just now, GBRFAN said:

OSU will probably put up crazy yards. Part of this will be their talent and part the NU def will play super agressive. This could lead to 2+ turnovers.

I would see 550+ yards and 2+ turnovers causing the the total points to be 35/40ish

I actually think a big factor in what potentially limits their points total is how early they start putting in their 2nd & 3rd string players, honestly.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Not one score for OSU over 50?  That surprises me a bit.  

Unless NU can run the ball well and play fast but still hold on to the rock and chew clock, I just don't see how OSU will not be scoring a lot.

Clemson put up 37 week 1 against Wake.  Alabama put up 38 week one against Missouri.  First game of the year, it takes a minute to knock the rust off and get everything running smooth.  I would take Nebraska and the points if I was a betting man.  

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Clemson put up 37 week 1 against Wake.  Alabama put up 38 week one against Missouri.  First game of the year, it takes a minute to knock the rust off and get everything running smooth.  I would take Nebraska and the points if I was a betting man.  

Yeah, those are good points.  I feel like OSU scores more points than those two teams but I could be wrong.

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, Undone said:

I actually think a big factor in what potentially limits their points total is how early they start putting in their 2nd & 3rd string players, honestly.

In a normal year yes but all team's are looking for live bullets for the guys that see the field the most - 4 games have been removed for ramp up of the starters.

• Plus1 1