**Consolidated Season Previews**

• 2 weeks later...

CBS doesn't think much of Nebraska this season...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/division-i-college-basketball-rankings-teams-69-200-out-of-357-as-the-2020-21-season-approaches/

139. Nebraska: Pitt transfer Trey McGowens is among the most important transfers in power-conference play this season, as he'll give Fred Hoiberg's team some hope to pick off a few games. This looks like the worst team in the Big Ten by far. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

We haven't done anything to deserve having them think otherwise.  Plus we tend to prove the analysts right more times than not when we have hype, so I'm fine with it.  I think we will be much improved over last year and will not be the worst team in the B1G.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/30292200/second-year-men-hoops-coaches-exceeding-expectations-rebuilding-mode

Fred Hoiberg, Nebraska Cornhuskers

Everyone knew Hoiberg was going to try to replicate what he did at Iowa State when he took over in Lincoln. In other words, hit the transfer market in a major way, load up on talented pieces that needed a change of scenery and then strike on some under-the-radar prospects. In his first year at Iowa State, the Cyclones went 3-13 in the Big 12. In his second year, they finished 12-6 and went to the NCAA tournament. I'm not expecting that type of immediate turnaround after they went 2-18 in the Big Ten and 7-25 overall last season, but there is a good amount of talent on this team. Three transfers sat out last season, four transfers are eligible immediately and three players are back, so there's experience too. Nebraska won't be down for too long.

• Plus1 2