*****Ohio State Game Day Thread*****

What happened to all the WRs we have been recruiting? I can’t wait for manning but after multiple recruiting cycles somebody has to be useful at least situationally. 

OL play was 10 times better if we could’ve threatened with the pass they would’ve looked even better in the run game

S&C program is paying off big time we looked good and moved well at every position. 

Defensively I thought the secondary would be a strong point with Cam back at corner but those guys refused the challenge the OSU wideouts today

ive been super critical of Honas but he looked like a completely different player today. Miller has no business out there still. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:
  • The team is better than last year
  • Collin Miller takes terrible angles
  • We aren't good enough to win games where all the calls go against us
  • Warner the "high IQ guy" is not our best WR

I agree we are better.

Miller-I am unsure if he knows pursuit angles

I think we are good enough to go 6-1down the stretch

Hard to tell on Warner.  It's more accurate to say we have no threats at WR.  I'd thrown Brown/Betts et al to the wolves next week.

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

Hard to tell on Warner.  It's more accurate to say we have no threats at WR.  I'd thrown Brown/Betts et al to the wolves next week.

The comment came before Warner had caught a ball this season, and he had 196 yards in 3 seasons. Robinson had 453 yards in 1 season. But aside from that, pretty much any comment mentioning "high IQ guys" ends up being stupid because they are almost always reserved for whoever the announcer notices is White and thinks isn't very fast.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Still not a fan of Chinander. He might be an okay position coach, but man, I'm skeptical he could ever run a good defense. Year after year and now the start of year 3 his defenses just give up too many plays, yards, and points. Today, he had Ohio State backed up into their territory with 3rd and forever and they still were able to convert it. You can say that's on players, but that imo is a defensive coordinator guessing on the play calling hoping for the best.

And Ohio State took advantage of his scheme all game long. Oh you want to give us these wide cushions with your DB's? We'll let our WR's settle for these nice pitch and catches for 5-10-15 yards and work our way down the field. Oh you want to keep Fields and our RB's going up the gut on you? We'll roll to the outside and either have Fields pitch it to these wide open WR's who are being given a nice 10 yard cushion or have Fields take off. Let's see your LB's keep up with this. 

It's just a bad defense that doesn't stand a chance against any good team. It barely, if it does, works against bad teams.  

• Plus1 2
43 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

What happened to all the WRs we have been recruiting? I can’t wait for manning but after multiple recruiting cycles somebody has to be useful at least situationally. 

OL play was 10 times better if we could’ve threatened with the pass they would’ve looked even better in the run game

S&C program is paying off big time we looked good and moved well at every position. 

Defensively I thought the secondary would be a strong point with Cam back at corner but those guys refused the challenge the OSU wideouts today

ive been super critical of Honas but he looked like a completely different player today. Miller has no business out there still. 

Didn’t they all go back to Florida or transfer to Texas? 

Or got Covid? 

3 hours ago, lo country said:

I agree we are better.

Miller-I am unsure if he knows pursuit angles

I think we are good enough to go 6-1down the stretch

Hail Varsity said they didn’t see any receivers, except for Robinson, that were impressive in this week’s practices.  

3 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Still not a fan of Chinander. He might be an okay position coach, but man, I'm skeptical he could ever run a good defense. Year after year and now the start of year 3 his defenses just give up too many plays, yards, and points. Today, he had Ohio State backed up into their territory with 3rd and forever and they still were able to convert it. You can say that's on players, but that imo is a defensive coordinator guessing on the play calling hoping for the best.

And Ohio State took advantage of his scheme all game long. Oh you want to give us these wide cushions with your DB's? We'll let our WR's settle for these nice pitch and catches for 5-10-15 yards and work our way down the field. Oh you want to keep Fields and our RB's going up the gut on you? We'll roll to the outside and either have Fields pitch it to these wide open WR's who are being given a nice 10 yard cushion or have Fields take off. Let's see your LB's keep up with this. 

It's just a bad defense that doesn't stand a chance against any good team. It barely, if it does, works against bad teams.  

He’s Frost’s best friend. Working with your wife or husband is not always ideal. 

Same with friends. 

Maybe my expectations were just super low but I was actually impressed with the front 7 on defense.  They played the run really well.  Casey Rodgers is bigger/better than I thought.  Robinson is good, the LB'ers were not horrible like usual.  

Chin clearly had a gameplan and that was to not get beat deep and for the most part it worked.  That is not a bad plan but you NEED pressure to get that done.  Bo did it all the time and when he had Suh or RG, it worked great.

DB coverage is an illusion.  DB's don't make the difference between a good secondary or not, the DL does.  Once the QB has time to set his feet and look down field, it is over.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1