What did we learn? OSU edition.

Decked

Two bright spots for me..

1. Our defensive line has some dawgs still. T Rob is gonna be great. Stille held his own. Green is a large human. Rogers might need more PT over D Thomas 
  2. Offensive line was pretty dang solid for the most part. Farniok still does some head scratchers 

Two low spots...

1. We didn't get our WRs involved enough. Brown shoulda saw some action besides the last series 
  2. I love Luke but Mills and the RBs needed to get in rhythm. We were doing well on the ground 
  • Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Decked said:

I’ll start off by saying that you cannot win with the Likes of Liewer, Kade, and Falck out there. Robinson was double teamed every play. Throw Betts, Flemming, Brown, and or Hickman to the wolves. They are the future. 

Nebraska is a true feast or famine team under Frost. Especially on offense. 

DL was impressive. 

Secondary got exposed and is now out for game two. This needs to never happen again. Especially the targeting. 

Sorry....but how in the holy hell was the DL impressive?
Maybe it’s Chins system but where was any trace of pass rush or pressure?
Or am I blaming the wrong group for that? Maybe it’s our complete lack of OLB or edge rushers.

• Haha 3

Just now, JJ Husker said:

Or am I blaming the wrong group for that? Maybe it’s our complete lack of OLB or edge rushers.

I thought the D-line did well against the run for the first 1/2 to 2/3 of the game. The lack of pass rush is still a concern. 

It's really hard to force myself to reserve full judgment on our team because of the level of talent we just went up against.

But the turnovers and the lack of downfield passing threat was flat out bad. Frost's playcalling genius is hamstring real bad by not having receivers who can quickly create separation and get open.

Martinez did about as well as I could expect him to play in the passing game; he puts a touchdown pass on a dime to Warner and Kade lets it just go through his hands. Hard to watch.

Caleb Tannor is the only speed we have realistically available at linebacker. But Miller at least is smart and stays home to see where the play is going instead of over-running plays like a certain somebody else last year.

• Haha 1

I'm not happy, but I'm not disappointed, either.

Too many of Ohio State's TDs were gift wrapped, but on some of them, it was the officials doing the wrapping. Honestly, the defense as a whole looked better than I expected against what is probably one of the best offenses in the country. Obviously we still need a lot more from the WRs, hopefully Manning provides that spark we need. OL didn't look too bad. Losing two defenders on questionable targeting calls suuucks, and is gonna suck again next week.

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 2

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

They were good against the run and had some moments on the pass. OLB has to get pressure though. And honestly I just don't know if Chins scheme generates pressure at this point. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I thought the D-line did well against the run for the first 1/2 to 2/3 of the game. The lack of pass rush is still a concern. 

Yeah, I may be blaming the wrong group.

DL did fine against the run. But no pass rush and soft coverage are a no bueno combination.

3 minutes ago, Branno said:

I learned that a lot of posters gave up on this team before the game started.

I learned our offense is gonna put up a lot of points this season.

I learned our defense is going to be pretty decent, unless they're facing the equivalent of an NFL team.

I learned that Big 10 officiating is a ducking joke.

Hey, I waited until after the game to give up on them :lol: