What did we learn? OSU edition.

Decked

I like having the two QB's on the field at the same time.  Adrian is the QB but get Luke on the field too. 

Despite the score, I liked that the defense continued to compete despite some bad calls.  

Defense looks more physical.  LB play was good.  Secondary gave too much space/cushion.  DL improving.

The offense started fast but then fizzled.  Why can't we have TE's and WR's at the same time?  WR play was worrisome because it was lacking/not involved in the game at all.  Fumbles are a killer and can't have that as it will cost us winnable games.

OL was better. 

RB is a bit of a mystery.  Thompkins offers a different look.  

I think Wisconsin will be too much and win by 17+

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

We needed to play a near perfect game to keep this close. Too many mistakes (bad QB fumbles, bad pass to Warner in endzone, can't get off field on 3rd down) and horrible officiating- we aren't good enough to over come.

Things I learned:

• We are more physical and stronger ...and still too slow.
  • We must not have any WR besides Wan'Dale- that has to be a roster management issue doesn't it? It's year 3.
  • I did like the TE pass game.
  • We can't generate a pass rush in our base D. When we brought extra pressure we got home, but we don't have pass rush difference makers on the DL or at OLB right now.
  • HOW WERE THEIR RECEIVERS THAT OPEN? That had to be scheme right? I try to stay out the the 'fire the coaches' crowd but in year 3 Chins has to show me more than he has.
  • Both QB fumbles were nonsense.
  • I think HCSF opened the door for Luke to take over at QB and he didn't help himself enough.
  • It makes me happy to see Tompkins run the ball after all he's been through. Give the kid more reps. Looked good.
  • We have to have someone younger that should be taking Miller's job by end of season. I get tired of watching him get outran.
  • Honas looked pretty good.
  • Officiating was dildos.

Question:

Do we have a QB controversy?

What was wrong with Reimers?

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Our misses at WR are hurting us. Houston and Nance didn't even travel. Starting too many walk ons. We need Manning bad and just have to throw the frosh to the wolves and let them learn on the fly. We need someone to get open and catch footballs. 

It would go so far to have a dude that can make plays 20+ yards down field. Right now everything we’re good at happens within 5 yards of the LOS.

• Plus1 2

Like I thought, 4-4 at best, hopefully a bowl, however that's figured out. 

I like Frost, and I don't think he will ever be on the hot seat in Lincoln. But seeing the Nebraska 'N' get mashed into the turf for 6 straight seasons is getting old. We did look better in some ways, but ball security is a real issue. 

The next game is one of the most important games in recent Husker history. Lost to a bad Purdue team last year, failed to make a bowl - again. Recruiting seems to have gone pretty well, but there is zero momentum on the field. Something has to happen, someone has to step up, or God knows when Nebraska football will resemble anything close to relevance again. 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

I like Frost, and I don't think he will ever be on the hot seat in Lincoln. But seeing the Nebraska 'N' get mashed into the turf for 6 straight seasons is getting old. We did look better in some ways, but ball security is a real issue. 

The next game is one of the most important games in recent Husker history. Lost to a bad Purdue team last year, failed to make a bowl - again. Recruiting seems to have gone pretty well, but there is zero momentum on the field. Something has to happen, someone has to step up, or God knows when Nebraska football will resemble anything close to relevance again. 

You know every team is guaranteed a bowl right?

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy said:

I think 4-4 is about right.  We have some good pieces but not enough depth yet.  No more celebrating #22 in recruiting...move that up 10 spots consistently and then we will have what we need.  Where are the WR's?  Frost's pedigree is Oregon and UCF.  Now if we compensate with stud RB's, TE's, running QB, and a dominate OL then we don't need A+ receivers.  But we still got to have a reliable WR group. 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

It would go so far to have a dude that can make plays 20+ yards down field. Right now everything we’re good at happens within 5 yards of the LOS.

Yup I agree. We even gave Martinez time and you could see him work his progression with just nowhere to go. 

• Plus1 1