What did we learn? OSU edition.

Decked

Actually pretty impressed with the offensive line.  Averaged 6.0 yards per carry against our toughest opponent of the year.  Without the sacks it was 7.1 ypc.  That will work.

Defensive line was almost as good.  Holding Ohio State to 4.6 ypc is quite the improvement.  ILBs played a part in that and seemed solid.

We had 146 more yards this year than we had against them last year.  And gave up 82 fewer.  If we can close the gap by another 228 yards next year we might have a chance.  :D

It seemed like we were playing a guy short in the secondary.  They had room everywhere.  I'm curious if it's really going to be that bad or we were giving a lot of cushion to Ohio State trying to not get beat deep (even though we did a couple times).  

Pretty good completion percentage from our QBs and no INTs.  Need to hold on to the ball.

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 1

Nobody’s waiting for my assessment, but here it is anyway:

1.  Improvement is evident 

2.  Still shooting ourselves in the foot at inopportune times.  
3. ILB play has improved significantly 

4.  Martinez looks more comfortable running than he did last year.  
5.  Fields is really good, but I’m not as enamored with Ohio State as some here are just yet.  Their skinny, speedy receivers may not do so well against more physical DBs who play more press coverage.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Ryan Day apologies for last second touchdown. Here is what I would say to that classless Douche: you can shove your sorry where the sun no shine you classless douche. But then again, I am not surprised given that Ohio st has had a history of classless coaches lately. However, what comes around goes around. Ohio st will lose two games this season and I hope they are ugly losses.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Nobody’s waiting for my assessment, but here it is anyway:

1.  Improvement is evident 

2.  Still shooting ourselves in the foot at inopportune times.  
3. ILB play has improved significantly 

4.  Martinez looks more comfortable running than he did last year.  
5.  Fields is really good, but I’m not as enamored with Ohio State as some here are just yet.  Their skinny, speedy receivers may not do so well against more physical DBs who play more press coverage.

I thought the D-line played against the run very well today.  Big test next weekend though. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, teachercd said:

17-14 with 3 minutes left in the first half...

The defensive plan was kind of working...the offense was kind of working.

Which part f#&%ed up the last 3 minutes of the first half?

It was a collective f#&% up in the last 3 minutes. Frost not getting the play call in quickly enough after a kickoff, causing a delay of game.  Missed blocks by the o-line pushing NU further back. Two questionable penalties against NU, giving Ohio State 30 free yards, and Ohio State taking advantage of it all. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It was a collective f#&% up in the last 3 minutes. Frost not getting the play call in quickly enough after a kickoff, causing a delay of game.  Missed blocks by the o-line pushing NU further back. Two questionable penalties against NU, giving Ohio State 30 free yards, and Ohio State taking advantage of it all. 

Yep...

The game plan was working...it was really the perfect storm of a really good team taking advantage of another teams mistakes.  It happens.  

• Plus1 4