What did we learn? OSU edition.

Decked

15 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I learned that one is holding while the other is not.

Apparently.

I wasn't upset about that one so much (on the left) because in real time I thought I saw a hold too.  So I felt potentially it was an honest mistake.

Overall the officiating was atrocious and I'm always the guy who cringes about people whining about the refs.  Not this time.  It seemed intentional.  Maybe worst I've seen since 2010 A&M.  

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 2
42 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I wasn't upset about that one so much (on the left) because in real time I thought I saw a hold too.  So I felt potentially it was an honest mistake.

I may be wrong here, but this looks like the call on Wilson.  The call on Farniok was a joke.  Personally, I can live w/refs missing calls.  But, don't call what you don't see because the result looks like it was a penalty

5 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Not an excuse but I am guessing just about every team ohio state plays this year until they meet Bama and Clemson will look Rattled and Confused as they get overmatched by Ohio State. 

We had confidence and played like it until we let them score right before half and right after half. Huge Momentum swing. Cant have that when your playing a team superior to 98% of all teams in college football

I'm in the minority, but I really wasn't as blown away by Ohio State's overall performance.  A team that executes and shows a little grit should be able to hang with them just fine.  I'm not making excuses for Nebraska, they started great and pissed it away by halftime.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Only caught part of the discussion on 1620,  but was that a regular conference officiating crew? or were they scrubs?

Not that it matters but if it’s the crews first college rodeo maybe they had problems with the speed of the game.  

I think it was on 1620's Big Red Overreaction where Benning commented that a lot of Saturday's officials were working their first Big Ten game.

I graduated from Ohio State in 1972. In 1975 I saw my first Nebraska v Oklahoma game courtesy of a customer and I’ve never forgotten the experience. 
When Nebraska joined the BIG I was astounded that the conference could attract a storied program like The Nebraska Cornhuskers. As a lifetime football fan I knew what the BIG was getting on the field, as the son of an Ohio farmer I KNEW the type of fans the BIG was gaining. Quality in both cases.

We wouldn’t be playing this year if not for Husker nation. You don’t say no to Nebraskans when they know they’re in the right. I applaud each and everyone of you and I thank you.

The targeting calls were an embarrassment. Both Huskers did all they could do to deliver a clean, hard Nebraska hit! It’s a black hole that the NCAA has created for all the right reasons  and per usual with the poorest of execution.

I will close with this thought. The rest of the BIG is going to rue the day that Coach Frost returned to Lincoln.

Count me as a Cornhusker fan....except.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
27 minutes ago, Redux said:

I'm in the minority, but I really wasn't as blown away by Ohio State's overall performance.  A team that executes and shows a little grit should be able to hang with them just fine.  I'm not making excuses for Nebraska, they started great and pissed it away by halftime.

I mostly agree, but tOSU has a lot of talent and lost a lot off their team from last season, so I expect they'll get better. But it'll take more than some grit for a team to hang with them. I think a team with an effective pass rush would be deadly to them right now though.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I mostly agree, but tOSU has a lot of talent and lost a lot off their team from last season, so I expect they'll get better. But it'll take more than some grit for a team to hang with them. I think a team with an effective pass rush would be deadly to them right now though.

They are 3 deep at most positions, they reload.  I don't doubt they'll be in the mix at the end.  Considering the Big 12 is all but out, the Big Ten already has an easy path to a playoff.  If tOSU runs the table they will get in.  I just don't expect them to fare well.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think it was on 1620's Big Red Overreaction where Benning commented that a lot of Saturday's officials were working their first Big Ten game.

The white hat was not ready for the job.

But I don't think he was really the guy throwing the flags.  He was just totally over-matched trying to say what was going on.

• Plus1 1