Appeal

20 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

They can appeal. Winning the appeal is the real issue.

Yeah......Nebraska is not winning any appeal with the B1G, for years into the foreseeable future. Doesn't matter how good of a case we have. The officiating yesterday tells us all we need to know about the conference's intentions for Nebraska.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Sker fer life said:

This, and other things he's said about Nebraska gives me the feeling he likes frost and where the program is headed.

I'd have to agree with you.  Urbs no a lot about coaching.  I get the feeling he has a positive opinion of Frost and the trajectory we are going.  At least that's my hope:D

• Plus1 1

I think any college football observer would have called BS on the Williams ejection, regardless of the team. And yes, you can appeal these extreme calls and I believe there's a history of them being overturned. They can't change the outcome of any game played obviously, but they can reinstate a player -- and in the case of the NFL, waive the fine. 

There's no appeal process for these kinds of penalties and they were preparing for not having both for the first half against Wisconsin.

No appeal for Huskers’ targeting penalties

Cam Taylor-Britt and Deontai Williams are suspended for the first half of Nebraska’s upcoming game against Wisconsin. Both players were penalized for targeting in the Huskers' season-opening game. Nebraska head coach Scott Frost said the Huskers won’t seek to reverse Taylor-Britt and Williams' status for Saturday.

“I don’t believe there’s a process to appeal,” Frost said. “We’re kind of stuck with the outcome of it whether we agree with it or not.”

Taylor-Britt and Williams are both starting defensive backs for the Huskers. Their penalties, neither of which appeared malicious, have sparked a spirited discussion regarding the consequences of targeting. FOX college football analyst gave a passionate speech while advocating for the rules to be revised.