Ohio State Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

3 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Sorry frost but all the receivers not named Wan'dale Robinson played bad. 

Eh, I think there's a difference between were neutral and played bad.  They didn't make any plays.  But they were overmatched.  I don't think they hurt us which would be playing bad.  They blocked well and that sprung a couple runs.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Eh, I think there's a difference between were neutral and played bad.  They didn't make any plays.  But they were overmatched.  I don't think they hurt us which would be playing bad.  They blocked well and that sprung a couple runs.

I had no expectations that this game would be close....But if your receivers arent getting open and making plays when your offense relies on chunk plays to be successful then your receivers didn't play well. Warner is a team captain walkon or not the dude has to do something.

Also thanks for these post mavric.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

If this were Osborne's offense, I could agree with you, but Frost's offense requires much more from the receivers than merely blocking well. If the receivers aren't making plays in this offense, they're playing bad, period.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Warner let a TD pass go right through his hands.

Most level-headed fans will give our team a pass overall because of the talent we faced (and I think that'd be prudent), but on plays like that there just aren't any excuses.

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That was a pass Warner could have caught, not one he should have caught.  That was high, hot and behind him.  That's on Martinez for throwing a pretty poor pass to a receiver that was that open.

From the endzone view I understand why Adrian rifled it. There was a small window between defensive linemen that he had to fit it through, and he couldn't see if anyone was coming from the middle of the field to intercept it. In hindsight he should have taken about 20 percent off there.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

From the endzone view I understand why Adrian rifled it. There was a small window between defensive linemen that he had to fit it through, and he couldn't see if anyone was coming from the middle of the field to intercept it. In hindsight he should have taken about 20 percent off there.

Even if he rifles it and hits him in the chest, it's probably a catch.  But it was high and behind Warner which makes it pretty tough.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Even if he rifles it and hits him in the chest, it's probably a catch.  But it was high and behind Warner which makes it pretty tough.

Yeah. Just from that view it was a tougher throw than it looked from overhead. It should have been a TD, but it wasn't a toss and catch play if you know what I mean.