Ohio State Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

2 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

At 31:40 of this video, Cade Warner misses an opportunity for a touchdown. From the angle shown here it was not thrown behind him, but it does look to be a bit high and it comes in smoking hot.

At 31:55 you can see that the throwing lane was wide open, he didn't have to throw it over a defender or anything. It may well be true that Martinez threw it a bit behind because he expected Warner to plant himself in the open space, but I don't think there's any reason the ball needed to be thrown high. Still should've been caught, though.

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

While that may be accurate, in the video I linked Warner did not have to reach behind him to catch the ball. He only reached upwards. Bottom line, the ball was catchable and Warner missed it.

I mean ... don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument but...

41CM74s.png

He did not "only reach upwards".  He had to reach up an to his right because he was running a slant but had to stop and reach back towards where he came from (right in this picture) because it was high and behind him.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I mean ... don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument but...

41CM74s.png

He did not "only reach upwards".  He had to reach up an to his right because he was running a slant but had to stop and reach back towards where he came from (right in this picture) because it was high and behind him.

Is this argument still going on? Look, Martinez threw a crappy pass to a wide open receiver. Warner had to reach backward, but the football did go right between his hands as well. They both f##ked up a little. Fair?

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, Ulty said:

Is this argument still going on? Look, Martinez threw a crappy pass to a wide open receiver. Warner had to reach backward, but the football did go right between his hands as well. They both f##ked up a little. Fair?

I mean ... that's what I've been saying from the beginning.  So if people want to agree with me now I'm fine with that.  ;)

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1