Offensive Play Discussion - 2020

Undone

7 hours ago, J-MAGIC said:

His back foot comes up a split second before the snap. I've seen a lot worse go uncalled but he did move early. 

I'm not sure it really does though.  To me it looks like it comes up right as Jurgens starts to move the ball.

Now, you can make the argument that he wasn't reacting to the snap and just happened to move at the same time.  But that's still legal.  And there's basically no way the ref could be watching both places closely enough to tell the difference.

• Plus1 2

• 2 weeks later...

I hope people don't make a bunch of excuses for Frost in this game just because Martinez played poorly.

2nd & goal from the 2...your starting center is out...McCaffrey is there to roll out and stretch the field...and you can't punch it in. F****** pathetic football to watch.

Arguably the biggest thing that kept us from having a winning season last year was not punching it into the end zone when we got down to the goal line. Still having those problems is f****** dumb.

Frost want's to tip toe down the field moving in 4-5 yards chunks. That's okay as long as you prevent penalties that set you back and you can actually punch it in when your in the red zone. Frost and Nebraska can't do either of those things. Absolutely no killer, big play mentality. I have no idea what Nebraska's average yards per play is, but it has to be pathetic. 

• Plus1 2