The Husker Super Bowl is at Evanston

tmfr15

Looking at Saturday and some of the good play we had, and then looking ahead at the games coming up, it seems to me that Nebraska's season boils down to what happens two Saturdays from now at Northwestern, a team which has given us very difficult challenges since we joined the BIG.

Not ruling out something good happening at home against the Badgers mainly because I am a fan. But realistically, we are going to be down, most likely anyway, a couple of defenders, and WOW Wisky was really impressive in week one, albeit against the Illinois football squad. Still, it looks like an uphill battle.

Nebraska can have everyone back and hopefully be healthy for that Northwestern game. Shine in that one and you're in the win column headed home for Penn State. Pull an upset there and now you are running through the next four games and looking at the possibility of 6-2 and another chance to prove yourself against one of the top three in that game nine crossover. Plus a bowl game. 8-2 would be AMAZING.

Lose at Northwestern, however. If you can't get momentum going and lose to Penn State. And then the back four looks like 2-2 if you're lucky. And that's 2-6.

Momentum and getting a spring in the steps of these players is HUGE and that comes down to the Super Bowl at Evanston.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2

I think NW and Wisconsin looked very similar.  They both beat up on a crappy team but both showed flaws.  I think Nebraska is a better team than either of them, if we eliminate some of the mistakes.  Athlete to athlete, I don't see anyone on either roster that is better than what we have.

• Plus1 1

Throwing around the "Super Bowl" term a little loosely I see. 

Wisconsin is good but I don't believe a team in the conference is anywhere near as talented as Ohio State. Should be a fun one to watch this weekend. 

As for the biggest game of the year, I am more interested in winning the Iowa & Minnesota games. Would be nice to get back to being the best team in the region and avenge some poor performances in the previous couple years. 

• Plus1 1

Peyton Ramsey looked surprising good at Northwestern.  When is the last time Northwestern put up 43 points against a B10 team? Ramsey did look good at Indiana, but I think a lot of QBs look good with Whop Philyor on the roster.  Also, totally possible that Maryland is just that bad. Last year we looked like world beaters against them. Time will tell I guess. 

24 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Peyton Ramsey looked surprising good at Northwestern.  When is the last time Northwestern put up 43 points against a B10 team? Ramsey did look good at Indiana, but I think a lot of QBs look good with Whop Philyor on the roster.  Also, totally possible that Maryland is just that bad. Last year we looked like world beaters against them. Time will tell I guess. 

Hard to tell how good Northwestern actually is when playing a team like Maryland. Their game this week against Iowa will be much more of an indicator (applies to Iowa too and if they can come back following a surprising loss).