Opening line: Badgers -9

It should be an interesting game. You guys kind of got dealt a bad card drawing OSU in the first week. I'm excited to see how Mertz looks against a team with a pulse as opposed to Illinois. Our run game was pretty anemic last week so that's another thing to watch from UW's perspective. I wouldn't put too much stock in Vegas lines or experts this season as anything can happen in 2020, the only consistent teams so far seem to be Alabama and Clemson. There is no outcome to this game that would surprise me. 

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, Excel said:

It should be an interesting game. You guys kind of got dealt a bad card drawing OSU in the first week. I'm excited to see how Mertz looks against a team with a pulse as opposed to Illinois. Our run game was pretty anemic last week so that's another thing to watch from UW's perspective. I wouldn't put too much stock in Vegas lines or experts this season as anything can happen in 2020, the only consistent teams so far seem to be Alabama and Clemson. There is no outcome to this game that would surprise me. 

I'd probably take a bet on Wisconsin covering a spread of -10.5. Frost has been able to mostly still be in it by the start of the fourth quarter against you...and then our wheels fall off.

From what little football we've played (one game, ha), we have a stout run defense and a terrible pass defense. Last year Purdue's true freshman QB had all day to toss the ball all over the field on us because we have no pass rush.

Hopefully it's a good game and we can at least make Chryst swear several times with that goofy face of his staring blankly across the field.

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, Excel said:

You guys kind of got dealt a bad card drawing OSU in the first week.

Honestly, if we had to play Ohio State this year, part of me feels like it was best to just get it out of the way at the beginning, and get it over with. Not that we were dealt a great hand for the rest of the season, what with 5 out of our 8 games being against preseason top 25 teams...

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Saw it as low as 8 the other day.

I don't know if the +10.5 does much for me...might look at the totals a bit more.

I think Nebraska has a reasonable shot to win this game.  Wisconsin is not Ohio State in any way.  I would take Nebraska and +10.5 and feel very good about it.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Hilltop said:

Wisconsin is not Ohio State in any way.

In the sense that they don't really turn the ball over and play pretty much perfect special teams, they sort of are Ohio State.

If a freshman QB torches our defense in the passing game it's going to give the rest of our schedule a blueprint for beating us. I do like your optimism though, seriously.   :cheers

• Plus1 1