Opening line: Badgers -9

1 minute ago, hskrfan4life said:

I flipping hope not because it's a crock of s#!t.

i guess it depends on how many test positive.   but everyone in all the huddles has to have a fair chance of testing positive now.   hopefully it isn't enough of the team to cancel the game.  i was working and didn't get to watch this weeks game (although it sounds like i didn't miss much).   was hoping to get to watch the huskers this week.

21 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

How do you figure? If just Mertz has it and it gets cancelled I'd agree but that's not going to happen. If all the starters get it this week or something than IMO it should be cancelled.

It's also not the end of the world for UW if the game is played without Mertz, Coan is his back up and was decent last year. He won't light you up but he'll do well enough.

Pretty sure Coan is out indefinitely after foot surgery this month.  Remember folks that the B1G rules say you have to sit out 21 days, so if enough of the team has it so that they have to cancel this weekend, they'd have to cancel the next 3 as far as I can tell.  Do calls come for the conference as a whole to reconsider at that point? :dunno

22 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Pretty sure Coan is hurt for the year.  Remember folks that the B1G rules say you have to sit out 21 days, so if enough of the team has it so that they have to cancel this weekend, they'd have to cancel the next 3 as far as I can tell.  Do calls come for the conference as a whole to reconsider at that point? :dunno

Yea you're right, forgot about the foot thing. 

Well the line should move quite a bit now. I'm not even going to get mad about these cruel turns of fortune, having football this year was a gift as it is so whatever happens happens.

• Plus1 2

Slow down folks.  The rapid test SUCKS.  See, e.g. Nick Saban and the Indianapolis Colts.  Sacrifice speed for accuracy.  That said, I hope Mertz doesn't actually have Covid.  I hope that for all athletes who are playing so we can watch, even those at Iowa/Ohio State.Michigan.  All of them.  We knew this was the season going in...no margin for error, no bye weeks, if games can't be played they are a "no contest."  Lets wait for the PCR results and see what happens with the rest of their team.  (and Illinois' defense, for that matter).  It's bad.  It's bad for Mertz, it's bad for the Badgers and it's bad for the conference - no other way to characterize it.  Does it present a possible opportunity for us to steal a win?  Sure.  But it's bad for the 2020 season.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Hilltop said:

I hope the test ends up negative.  We can beat a full strength Wisconsin.  I don't want any * by the win in anyone's mind.  They best up on a terrible team and we arguably played the best team in the nation.  I like Nebraska Saturday.

This is that attitude I like to see!  I agree 100%.  Thank you.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I hope the test ends up negative.  We can beat a full strength Wisconsin.  I don't want any * by the win in anyone's mind.  They beat up on a terrible team and we arguably played the best team in the nation.  I like Nebraska Saturday.

Meh, I'll take a W no matter how it comes. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, hskrfan4life said:

Spoken like someone who hasn't experienced this virus.  It is most certainly not a crock of sh*t.  But, you keep on doing you.  I think there are families of about 225k people who would agree with me and millions others that survived who would as well.  If he truly has it, he needs to quarantine, period.  If he doesn't, he doesn't game on.  But, remember he is a kid with a promising future at the moment in football.  But, he's still just a kid.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I hope the test ends up negative.  We can beat a full strength Wisconsin.  I don't want any * by the win in anyone's mind.  They beat up on a terrible team and we arguably played the best team in the nation.  I like Nebraska Saturday.

Flew through and missed your post.  Agree 100%.  I want every teams best shot.  I know it's a would've could've argument,  but that OSU score wasn't a fair representation of our play in that game.  30 yards in 2 BS penalties and a score.  The fumble scoop and score.....We beat a healthy Wisky IMHO.....

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

Spoken like someone who hasn't experienced this virus.  It is most certainly not a crock of sh*t.  But, you keep on doing you.  I think there are families of about 225k people who would agree with me and millions others that survived who would as well.  If he truly has it, he needs to quarantine, period.  If he doesn't, he doesn't game on.  But, remember he is a kid with a promising future at the moment in football.  But, he's still just a kid.  

Oh I never said the virus itself is a crock of sh*t. I know it's a real thing. I just think that the cancellation of the game isn't warranted as a non-forfeit. Every team knows the rules. And yes things happen, but that's why there are standards in place. You can't play you forfeit. I realize I should've expanded on what I thought was a crock of sh*t my apologies.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1