Opening line: Badgers -9

7 hours ago, Excel said:

It should be an interesting game. You guys kind of got dealt a bad card drawing OSU in the first week. I'm excited to see how Mertz looks against a team with a pulse as opposed to Illinois. Our run game was pretty anemic last week so that's another thing to watch from UW's perspective. I wouldn't put too much stock in Vegas lines or experts this season as anything can happen in 2020, the only consistent teams so far seem to be Alabama and Clemson. There is no outcome to this game that would surprise me. 

You're my favorite Ghost of Christmas Past.

Or are you the Ghost of Christmas Present?

Or the Ghost of Christmas Future?

Whatever way it is, welcome, Bucky!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

Oh I never said the virus itself is a crock of sh*t. I know it's a real thing. I just think that the cancellation of the game isn't warranted as a non-forfeit. Every team knows the rules. And yes things happen, but that's why there are standards in place. You can't play you forfeit. I realize I should've expanded on what I thought was a crock of sh*t my apologies.

I don't know what the Big Ten's rules are on this but plenty of teams are having games postponed or cancelled without it counting as a forfeit.

The following games were postponed or cancelled due to COVID:

Postponed

ND @ Wake - postponed to 12 Dec 2020

Cincy @ Tulsa - postponed to 5 Dec 2020

Houston @ Baylor

Rice @ Houston

North Texas @ Houston

Tulsa @ Arkansas State

Central Ark @ Arkansas State - Postponed to 10 Oct 2020 and played

SMU @ TCU

FIU @ UCF
Marshall @ ECU

USF @ FAU

Oklahoma State @ Baylor  - postponed to 12 Dec 2020

Louisiana Tech @ Baylor

Rice @ Marshall

Georgia State @ Charlotte

FIU @ Charlotte

FAU @ Southern Miss

Jacksonville St @ FIU  - postponed to 23 Oct 2020 and played

UAB @ Rice

BYU @ Army

Southern Miss @ UTEP

LSU @ Florida - postponed to 12 Dec 2020

Vandy @ Mizzou - postponed to 12 Dec 2020

Troy @ South Alabama

FAU @ Georgia Southern

Cancelled

Charlotte @ UNC

New Mexico @ Colorado State

Old Dominion all games

UConn all games

New Mexico State all games

UMass all games

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that "postponed" games without dates set will likely turn in to cancelled games. None of these, postponed or cancelled, have been counted as forfeits.

But I get where you're coming from and if it's just three players then I'd like for the game to be played, third string QB and all. Football is better than not-Football, and no matter how we may feel about it this whole season is probably going to end up with a gigantic asterisk next to it. 

Edited by Excel
  • Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You're my favorite Ghost of Christmas Past.

Or are you the Ghost of Christmas Present?

Or the Ghost of Christmas Future?

Whatever way it is, welcome, Bucky!

Hey knapp, I sincerely hope that you and all the Husker fans here are doing well. Plz don't ban me, I'm a good boy now. I've mellowed a lot since those, dark, early days.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
44 minutes ago, Excel said:

Hey knapp, I sincerely hope that you and all the Husker fans here are doing well. Plz don't ban me, I'm a good boy now. I've mellowed a lot since those, dark, early days.

I wasn't going to even mention any past screen names since I thought we weren't supposed to do that. It really is good to see you posting here again, seriously!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Let us not kid ourselves thinking that Wisconsin will be an easy task. They always bring their A+ game when they play us and this year they seem to have a decent QB. I like our chances but in order for us to beat them, we must minimize our penalties and turnovers. If we get another 100 yards in penalties and two turnovers, it can get really ugly as Wisconsin play disciplined football and they do not turn the ball over that much. I really feel that this game will define the rest of this season. If we can pull this win, I believe we can go 6-2. If we lose, I think we will end up 4-4 at best. It is all about confidence and swagger and right now, we have none.

• Plus1 1

Wisconsin’s QB tests positive for COVID-19. If confirmed, he will not be traveling with the team. However, this is Wisconsin. I feel that they will give us fits even with their second and third string QBs. I really hope our team stays healthy. We really need a win against a top 10 team. I honestly can’t remember the last time we beat a top 10 team, which is really sad.

13 hours ago, commando said:

i guess it depends on how many test positive.   but everyone in all the huddles has to have a fair chance of testing positive now.   hopefully it isn't enough of the team to cancel the game.  i was working and didn't get to watch this weeks game (although it sounds like i didn't miss much).   was hoping to get to watch the huskers this week.

He didn't have it during the game - probably got some sidde action for his good performance

If Wisconsin is going to have to cancel the game- I really hope the league would let us play someone like UMass on Saturday as a "non-conference" game. We'd probably realistically need to know today in order to get the logistics worked out but that's way better than nothing. Just frustrating we'll prob get to Friday and have it cancelled and have to sit out the week.

2 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

If Wisconsin is going to have to cancel the game- I really hope the league would let us play someone like UMass on Saturday as a "non-conference" game. We'd probably realistically need to know today in order to get the logistics worked out but that's way better than nothing. Just frustrating we'll prob get to Friday and have it cancelled and have to sit out the week.

It's unfortunately already known that we would just have to sit out.