Wisconsin QB

So I went on the thread to see if there was an update on Mertz.  What did I find?  THe stupid convo from will "we have a season?" thread that should have been somewhere else?!!!  WTH, people!  Get your poop in a group and quit crapping on all of the threads.  Take it where it belongs.  Sometimes I feel like we need a Day Care director instead of Mods!

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

One or two Wincy fans joked that it wasn’t unlike Chyst to put out misleading info so we don’t what QB to prepare for.

I'm pretty confident this is what it is. If I'm I'm understanding the timeline correctly, they release a statement saying Mertz had a positive antigen test, then say it's only confirmed after he takes a PCR test this morning and that one comes back positive...then strictly state that they won't release any COVID testing data publicly this week.

It's classic!

19 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

So I went on the thread to see if there was an update on Mertz.  What did I find?  THe stupid convo from will "we have a season?" thread that should have been somewhere else?!!!  WTH, people!  Get your poop in a group and quit crapping on all of the threads.  Take it where it belongs.  Sometimes I feel like we need a Day Care director instead of Mods!

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Undone said:

I'm pretty confident this is what it is. If I'm I'm understanding the timeline correctly, they release a statement saying Mertz had a positive antigen test, then say it's only confirmed after he takes a PCR test this morning and that one comes back positive...then strictly state that they won't release any COVID testing data publicly this week.

It's classic!

Reminiscent of Devaney/Osborne vs Switzer 70s crap. Not falling for it! 

Come on Chryst, you can do better than that!  We should run a bunch of full back traps and option plays to show him who’s boss. 

oh wait, we don’t have a FB 

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, gorp512 said:

More relevant than age is likely race as the majority of all levels of college football are African American and statistically more likely to be effected by COVID due to preexisting conditions. 

Do you have any evidence that Blacks are more likely to be affected by COVID due to preexisting conditions? I don't know one way or another but I find it far more likely to be due to socioeconomic status and population density. I.e. a higher % of Blacks work in jobs that would require them to be face to face with people, and a higher % of Blacks live in areas with high population density, therefore Blacks are more likely to get Covid.

According to the CDC website as of today, deaths under 30 years of age are between 0.5% - 0.6% of the total deaths.  According to the CDC, total deaths between ages 18-29 number 862 (of 164K).   According the esteemed Doctor on this website, there is a 0.2% death rate for this group.   So, 862/0.2% =  431,000.   The esteemed doctor would have you believe that there have only been 431,000 persons in the U.S. between ages 18-29 that have contracted the virus.  This is a fallacy.  This virus is has been shown to be more contagious than the Swine Flu, yet there are ~1/8 of the total cases in 10+ months.  An earlier poster, Franz...something...something stated it correctly.   If you don't have an accurate denominator (total cases), then your analysis is junk.   Doctor, I too have multiple science degrees with some expertise in statistics.  I have read so many despicable posts on this website for years and can only pray that the young players on our football team never visit this site.  It was your post that prompted me to join this website.  This will be my one and only post.   Thank you!

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
11 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

The conclusion they make doesn't state there is a significantly significant difference in diagnoses or deaths due to preexisting conditions. That doesn't mean there isn't one, though; they weren't really researching that in particular. They were accounting for comorbidity when comparing Black communities to other communities. Interesting stuff though - didn't read full article just the summary.

Social conditions, structural racism, and other factors elevate risk for COVID-19 diagnoses and deaths in black communities.