Wisconsin QB

6 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I can't seem to find any tweets confirming anything other than their third string wasn't at practice.  Makes complete sense he wouldn't be there due to contact tracing.  If it happens to be true, we better handle business Saturday.

My bad. I read Parker Gabriel’s tweet from earlier. I thought it was from tonight 

I know it’s a crappy situation, but if the Huskers come out and dominate maybe that’ll get the ball rolling in the right direction. Sometimes all a team needs is a few lucky breaks, they gain confidence and then begin to execute at a high level and before you know it, their fortunes have turned for the better and they’re winning games 

• Plus1 1

If the positive tests are all true, I see this going one of two ways for Wisconsin.

a)  The team rallies around the 4th string QB and they play lights out.

b)  It gets into the heads of the team and they fall apart.

Either way, this is going to get really interesting as the week goes on.

From their roster, they have Danny Vander Boom who is a JR and Daniel Write who is a Freshman.  Write isn't listed on 247 as a commit, so he might be a walk-on.  Vander Boom is a :ThreeStar: .8106 recruit from 2017.

• Haha 1

Even if they come back as false negatives, they are probably still out a practice or two while they figure it all out I'm sure. I think we'd be very concerned if someone like Benhart missed 1-2 practices and then had to play, so I can't imagine a freshman QB. He's incredibly talented, but those reps at this point are probably invaluable. 

Here's to hoping they are both doing well and that they can get that negative result and play. No asterisk wanted. Or reason to call it a dumpster fire for losing to a 4th stringer..

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1