Wisconsin QB

Just now, teachercd said:

I have never been to college practiced but at the HS level the 4th string QB is not getting any reps besides just drill work.  I would guess that at a D1 program, once the season has started, the 4th string QB has not taken a live snap in at least 3 weeks now.

Since their starter was injured pre-season, I'm guessing the 4th string QB (3rd string after the starter went down) has spent at least some time running the 2s.  I would agree though that he hasn't had much for meaningful reps.  Blitz often...    

3 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Since their starter was injured pre-season, I'm guessing the 4th string QB (3rd string after the starter went down) has spent at least some time running the 2s.  I would agree though that he hasn't had much for meaningful reps.  Blitz often...    

Yeah, probably a little work.  But my thinking is the last two weeks were spent with 90% of the snaps going to the freshmen that never played before.  

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have never been to college practice but at the HS level the 4th string QB is not getting any reps besides just drill work.  I would guess that at a D1 program, once the season has started, the 4th string QB has not taken a live snap in at least 3 weeks now.

No. 4 would probably running the scout team offense each week.

Maybe it is just me...but this is not an injury thing that a team is trying to hide.

This is a virus that is killing people left and right.  Probably not the time to "play coy" probably the time for him to do a little video and be like "Look, I took precautions and I still have positive tests, please be careful, wash your hands, distance yourself, wear your masks". Use this as a platform instead of hiding.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, seaofred92 said:

They don't have to release a depth chart. Nebraska didn't release one last week.

Guessing they are trying to keep us guessing but there is a lot of smoke so guessing there is fire.  Regardless, we are preparing for a pro style QB.  4th string guy is 6'5" and reportedly throws good.  He was a couple state championships in high school and put up some pretty solid stats.