Wisconsin QB

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I don't get it. Why would the game NOT be played? Is there some kind of rule that if the ranked team is disadvantaged we have to cancel? 

if a certain percentage of a team is sitting due to positive tests, the game will be postponed/cancelled. 

https://bigten.org/news/2020/9/16/the-big-ten-conference-adopts-stringent-medical-protocols-football-season-to-resume-october-23-24-2020.aspx

1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

Nebraska needs to be prepared for anything. Also- if UW does have to play a 4th or 5th string guy, I'm not putting an asterisk on anything. Nobody cared that we started Andrew Bunch when we lost to Troy in Frost's first year, nobody cared when we had to play Vedral last year against Indiana. Or Ryker Fyfe or Ron Kellogg III etc etc etc. Go play the game. Their defense is still elite and their OL will provide a stiff challenge for our offense. We better be prepared for an even more physical game than this past week. 

Great take.  I'll be honest, I won't be AS jazzed if we beat a Wiscy with 4th QB but a win is a win is a win is a win.

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Ok so apparently I missed the memo - are there rules in place to decide if the game will happen? Is it a minimum # of players testing positive? 

4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

It's a percentage of players and staff. I want to say one of the 1620 The Zone shows said it worked out it 5-7 players for Nebraska's situation.

7.5% of the population puts them in the red category. They also have to go red on percent positive of total tests administered (5%) for it to definitely to be cancelled. It's a little more unclear what happens when one indicator is red and the other is orange.

My math says it would have to be 10 to 12 players minimum to trip the 7.5% population line. AFAIK simply being out of quarterbacks isn't enough to cancel anything.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Ok so apparently I missed the memo - are there rules in place to decide if the game will happen? Is it a minimum # of players testing positive? 

i believe it is 5% of the players and coaches......and 7.5% of the local population.   wisconsin is a covid hotspot so they are probably close if not over the 7.5% already.

edit to add.   JJ typed faster then i did.   lol.

Just now, commando said:

i believe it is 5% of the players and coaches......and 7.5% of the local population.   wisconsin is a covid hotspot so they are probably close if not over the 7.5% already.

I don't think that is local population but rather population of the team.

7.5% is confirmed positive players. The 5% is of all tests administered. I think....

• Plus1 3