Wisconsin QB

38 minutes ago, CornBro86 said:

With our Secondary's play last week I'm not expecting much more improvement but that being said I would like to see a pass rush generated to put some heat on a backup QB who is starting on the road. Also, are the WR Corps on a milk carton yet???

does wisc have a wr that could crack the OSU rotation?  not sure last week matters much going forward.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

AFAIK simply being out of quarterbacks isn't enough to cancel anything.

There is rules around the number of players available at a position. Like you have to have so many OL available, etc. I can't remember if QB had one and what the requirement was.

Just found the population testing info from the Big 10's website. It's based on rolling 7 day averages so a recent outbreak would threaten this week less than say the week after. Things are only cancelled in a red/red scenario, but orange/orange and orange/red can lead to it as well.

The Big Ten Conference will use data provided by each Chief Infection Officer (CInO) to make decisions about the continuation of practice and competition, as determined by Test Positivity Rate and Population Positivity Rate, based on a seven-day rolling average:

• Test positivity rate (number of positive tests divided by total number of tests administered):
    • Green 0-2%
    • Orange 2-5%
    • Red >5%
  • Population positivity rate (number of positive individuals divided by total population at risk):
    • Green 0-3.5%
    • Orange 3.5-7.5%
    • Red >7.5%

Decisions to alter or halt practice and competition will be based on the following scenarios:

• Green/Green and Green/Orange: Team continues with normal practice and competition.
  • Orange/Orange and Orange/Red: Team must proceed with caution and enhance COVID-19 prevention (alter practice and meeting schedule, consider viability of continuing with scheduled competition).
  • Red/Red: Team must stop regular practice and competition for a minimum of seven days and reassess metrics until improved.
  • Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Just found the population testing info from the Big 10's website. It's based on rolling 7 day averages so a recent outbreak would threaten this week less than say the week after. Things are only cancelled in a red/red scenario, but orange/orange and orange/red can lead to it as well.

The Big Ten Conference will use data provided by each Chief Infection Officer (CInO) to make decisions about the continuation of practice and competition, as determined by Test Positivity Rate and Population Positivity Rate, based on a seven-day rolling average:

• Test positivity rate (number of positive tests divided by total number of tests administered):
    • Green 0-2%
    • Orange 2-5%
    • Red >5%
  • Population positivity rate (number of positive individuals divided by total population at risk):
    • Green 0-3.5%
    • Orange 3.5-7.5%
    • Red >7.5%

Decisions to alter or halt practice and competition will be based on the following scenarios:

• Green/Green and Green/Orange: Team continues with normal practice and competition.
  • Orange/Orange and Orange/Red: Team must proceed with caution and enhance COVID-19 prevention (alter practice and meeting schedule, consider viability of continuing with scheduled competition).
  • Red/Red: Team must stop regular practice and competition for a minimum of seven days and reassess metrics until improved.

And it's important to note that "population" in that second metric is population of the team (and maybe coaches and staff?), not population of the local town the team is in.

It's really poorly worded and kinda vague. Weird!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

There is rules around the number of players available at a position. Like you have to have so many OL available, etc. I can't remember if QB had one and what the requirement was.

Can you link something with those position specific rules?

I don’t doubt you but I have not seen or heard of anything like that being involved in the B1G’s rules for Covid.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Saw a book update their line to Nebraska -1.5. Man, if I were a Wisconsin student who happened to hear the rumor late Sunday, I woulda passed a cash bucket around the dorm and snatched up Nebraska +9. We could be drinking free beer the rest of the year. 

Neither my site or Bovada has a line up for the game right now

1 minute ago, RedSavage said:

Vegas insider is the only place I have seen it...

My site doesn't have it.  I was more interested in the totals for this game, I imagine those will drop a bit.

This is a game where NU needs to get the ball first and score a TD.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

I wish and hope for nothing but the best for any player who contracts Covid. Doesn’t matter if it’s a Nebraska player or Wiscy or whoever. But, when game time rolls around, I want to hang as many points on them as possible. Everyone has to operate in the same environment with the same rules. Nobody is giving us any breaks for being down DBs on ridiculous targeting calls and nobody would care if our 2 QBs were out for Covid. Once the ball is kicked off, no mercy. Maybe Frost can apologize to Chryst for our last touchdown....

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Vegas insider is the only place I have seen it...

My site doesn't have it.  I was more interested in the totals for this game, I imagine those will drop a bit.

This is a game where NU needs to get the ball first and score a TD.

5 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Vegas Insider had Circa Sports as the book with Nebraska -1.5. Now it says Wisconsin -1. Them and draftings were the only two with lines out, the rest have removed it. 

Bets placed before the line is taken down still count though, right? Or do you get a refund?

Just now, knapplc said:

Bets placed before the line is taken down still count though, right? Or do you get a refund?

Still count.

I actually put an early bet in on this game.

Baseball bets will sometimes be refunded if the starters that are supposed to start the game do not end up starting.  

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I wish and hope for nothing but the best for any player who contracts Covid. Doesn’t matter if it’s a Nebraska player or Wiscy or whoever. But, when game time rolls around, I want to hang as many points on them as possible. Everyone has to operate in the same environment with the same rules. Nobody is giving us any breaks for being down DBs on ridiculous targeting calls and nobody would care if our 2 QBs were out for Covid. Once the ball is kicked off, no mercy. Maybe Frost can apologize to Chryst for our last touchdown....

I agree.  Everyone is playing by the same conference rules and in the same pandemic.  If you don't keep your team healthy, then that's just part of it.  Sure, I wish we would be playing against them at full strength.  But, I hope we go beat them to a pulp and I'll still love the win and look at it as a good win for the program.

• Plus1 2
57 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Ok so apparently I missed the memo - are there rules in place to decide if the game will happen? Is it a minimum # of players testing positive? 

It’s a percentage- either 5 or 7 %. But I thought it was of the entire athletic department