Wisconsin QB

14 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I wish and hope for nothing but the best for any player who contracts Covid. Doesn’t matter if it’s a Nebraska player or Wiscy or whoever. But, when game time rolls around, I want to hang as many points on them as possible. Everyone has to operate in the same environment with the same rules. Nobody is giving us any breaks for being down DBs on ridiculous targeting calls and nobody would care if our 2 QBs were out for Covid. Once the ball is kicked off, no mercy. Maybe Frost can apologize to Chryst for our last touchdown....

I agree..no one was throwing the mercy flag for us when we have had to play back up QB's  in the past. Wis is a Div 1  power 5 school..they dont recruit chumps..even 2 or 3 deep at any position.

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Crabby Nebraska fans will be the first to say this win didn't count (if we do win).

Well, like my dad used to say, “they’d b!^@h if they were hung with a new rope”.

BTW, I understand the sentiment of that saying but wouldn’t most people b!^@h about being hung, regardless of the condition of the rope? :lol:

Everyone better slow down, take a deep breath and actually watch some highlights of this QB:

- Good Height with an accurate arm.

- Mobile enough (especially against our weak pass rush)

- No crowd reducing first game jitters

- not a first year qb in a new system.

- has a quick release and Wisky will likely coach him to play quick. (limited long passing to mostly screens and quick release patterns)

- Its still a Whisky o-line. Whisky d-line and d-backs.

- Whisky has a tradition of winning and those proud traditions will only glow brighter when the chips are down. (Think back to a 3rd string qb for the huskers walking into a hornets nest in K-state. We won that game on our strengths.)

Sadly, the skers lose this game because they don't know how to win and until they learn winning is earned and not given, we will continue to lose. Go out, play your game, even against all odds and win!! Sadly, Whisky knows this, they believe this and they will steam roll our d-line to show it!

and... here comes the debbie downer comments but honestly guys, has our beloved husker program showed us any cause to believe? Fumbles, interceptions, costly penalties or wasted timeouts to prevent the penalty. Learn to win first and then start licking your chops!!

• Haha 2
38 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Can you link something with those position specific rules?

I don’t doubt you but I have not seen or heard of anything like that being involved in the B1G’s rules for Covid.

I don't recall the B1G having position-specific rules.

From how they talk, I think the Big XII does have such rules but I don't care about them so I haven't looked that closely.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Everyone better slow down, take a deep breath and actually watch some highlights of this QB:

- Good Height with an accurate arm.

- Mobile enough (especially against our weak pass rush)

- No crowd reducing first game jitters

- not a first year qb in a new system.

- has a quick release and Wisky will likely coach him to play quick. (limited long passing to mostly screens and quick release patterns)

- Its still a Whisky o-line. Whisky d-line and d-backs.

- Whisky has a tradition of winning and those proud traditions will only glow brighter when the chips are down. (Think back to a 3rd string qb for the huskers walking into a hornets nest in K-state. We won that game on our strengths.)

Sadly, the skers lose this game because they don't know how to win and until they learn winning is earned and not given, we will continue to lose. Go out, play your game, even against all odds and win!! Sadly, Whisky knows this, they believe this and they will steam roll our d-line to show it!

and... here comes the debbie downer comments but honestly guys, has our beloved husker program showed us any cause to believe? Fumbles, interceptions, costly penalties or wasted timeouts to prevent the penalty. Learn to win first and then start licking your chops!!

*Good height with an accurate arm?  The guy has thrown one pass in 3 years that travelled less than 5 yards.

*Mobile enough?  Did you even look at his high school rushing totals?  Less than 100 yards in 3 years.

*First game jitters will be there - crowd or not.

*I agree, he should know the system.  Not having run that system in practice until yesterday will make it almost impossible to run said system smoothly though.

*He has a quick release...smh.  What QB out there doesn't have that in his profile.  If you watched their game last week, Mertz had to go through progressions on over 50% of his passes.  Their plays took time to develop.  Their system does have some quick elements sprinkled in but it is not their bread and butter.

* I agree, it's still a Wisconsin line on both sides.  However, if you watched the game, their O-Line struggled to create holes all game long against a mediocre D-Line.  Their D-Line played well but I have a hard time believing it will be better than what we saw last week.

Stay Positive.  It's a lot more fun. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

Getting a win over Wisconsin regardless of who is QB could do wonders for momentum. Look at the goofers last year. They were not good early in the season but found ways to win and catapulted themselves to having a fantastic year 

Just now, BIG ERN said:

Wisconsin relies on a power run game and tough defense. Their QB of course matters but not as much as other teams. They scored 70 points on us in 2012 by running the ball the whole game. I get they don't have those talented back their anymore but I've seen this from them before. 

2012 has 0 relevancy on now. Bo Pelini had even worse games than Chin. I feel like we can stop them after watching us play last week & watching them play not up to par on the OL. 

• Plus1 2
50 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Well, like my dad used to say, “they’d b!^@h if they were hung with a new rope”.

BTW, I understand the sentiment of that saying but wouldn’t most people b!^@h about being hung, regardless of the condition of the rope? :lol:

Shoot, some people could watch a man walk on water and the would complain that he didn't know how to swim.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Can you link something with those position specific rules?

I don’t doubt you but I have not seen or heard of anything like that being involved in the B1G’s rules for Covid.

I must have been thinking of something else. I swore I heard they had position rules, but I can't find anything about it so I must have been thinking of the Big 12.