Wisconsin QB

Does anyone know what the approximate total team population would be?

Im guessing somewhere around 170.

That would make them go Red at 13 players positive (orange at 6).

I have no idea what their 7 day rolling average is on tests but I think we can assume it would trip to red within 3-4 days of confirmed positives going red. The bigger question would be what they choose to do if they’re orange/red or orange/orange. Guessing if they are down to the 4th string QB, they might opt for cancellation. That is only a one week (7 day) proposition. But they would still be stuck with the 4th string QB for 21 days minimum due to those players being on protocol.

I don’t imagine any of this was transferred in the huddle as they hadn’t tested positive as of game time. If they have multiple infections related to whenMertz acquired it, chances are it would be whoever was at the party between the Illinois game and Mertz’s positive test. Who knows which players that might be? (rhetorical). Of course I have no idea the length of time required between being exposed and throwing a positive test.

Man, the crap we have to consider with this jacked up season......:facepalm:

• Fire 1
5 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

yes if game is cxl - i'm asking do you prefer the game to be played and you will likely loss the bet or are you in favor of game being cancelled so you get the bet cancelled.

Oh...well was just a 10 dollar bet, so I am cool with losing that if the game was still played.

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Screw that...bet the opposite way and hope to hit a tweener:D 

It was a dirty teaser

Wisky -4

Osu -4

Michigan -19

21 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Does anyone know what the approximate total team population would be?

Im guessing somewhere around 170.

That would make them go Red at 13 players positive (orange at 6).

I have no idea what their 7 day rolling average is on tests but I think we can assume it would trip to red within 3-4 days of confirmed positives going red. The bigger question would be what they choose to do if they’re orange/red or orange/orange. Guessing if they are down to the 4th string QB, they might opt for cancellation. That is only a one week (7 day) proposition. But they would still be stuck with the 4th string QB for 21 days minimum due to those players being on protocol.

I don’t imagine any of this was transferred in the huddle as they hadn’t tested positive as of game time. If they have multiple infections related to whenMertz acquired it, chances are it would be whoever was at the party between the Illinois game and Mertz’s positive test. Who knows which players that might be? (rhetorical). Of course I have no idea the length of time required between being exposed and throwing a positive test.

Man, the crap we have to consider with this jacked up season......:facepalm:

The Team Positivity Rate (TPR) is calculated daily. A team can test 170 people six days a week, and the Big Ten recommends 120 players and 50 staff — Nebraska is doing that, per a team official — but it allows flexibility in those ratios. That’s 1,020 tests per week, which equals the rolling average because the denominator accumulates.

In order to meet the red testing threshold on the TPR, a team that takes 1,020 tests would have to have 51 positives.

To meet red on the TPR takes a massive outbreak, the kind that would indeed shut down a team for three weeks. It’s hard to do. Given that a lot of these teams had players test positive months ago, it may be darn near impossible.

The Population Positivity Rate (PPR) is different in an important way. That denominator stays at 170 all week. It doesn’t change regardless of how many total people you test, either.

In the PPR, the testing threshold is 7.5% to get into red. And that only takes 13 positive tests among players and staff. That’s not a massive outbreak.

It’s also not an automatic pause. Only red/red is an automatic pause. Again: It takes a ton of positives to get to red/red. But orange/red? That can be done with just a minor outbreak.

OWH

• Plus1 4