Wisconsin Week Pressers

Mavric

4 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

He then says we have a saying "block before you get the rock." So you gotta be able to block before getting the rock. But man I feel sometimes talent should be on the field even if it's for certain plays where they don't have to block.

I can sure appreciate making sure your receivers block. Our perimeter blocking has been very suspect. But, if Saturday’s game is any indication, they definitely need to get some guys on the field that can run routes and catch the ball, blocking ability or desire be damned. The extent of the offense can’t be Luke and Adrian with a sparse sprinkling of Wandale and Mills.

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

He then says we have a saying "block before you get the rock." So you gotta be able to block before getting the rock.

This is all a part of rebuilding our culture and also establishing ourselves as a physical, dominant football team again. I feel like Frost is basically doing everything right in that department.

Even if a fully healthy JD Spielman and Omar Manning was out there (and I know Spielman isn't on the team anymore), maybe it's worth an extra 10 points on the board. But they still beat us at least 45-27.

The point for me is, I'm not dwelling on a lack of a deep threat in Saturday's game. I'm just looking ahead for when Manning is out there and then maybe one of the young bucks steps up.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
31 minutes ago, Undone said:

This is all a part of rebuilding our culture and also establishing ourselves as a physical, dominant football team again. I feel like Frost is basically doing everything right in that department.

Even if a fully healthy JD Spielman and Omar Manning was out there (and I know Spielman isn't on the team anymore), maybe it's worth an extra 10 points on the board. But they still beat us at least 45-27.

The point for me is, I'm not dwelling on a lack of a deep threat in Saturday's game. I'm just looking ahead for when Manning is out there and then maybe one of the young bucks steps up.

Yea, like I was hoping we could pull off the upset, but as long as we can beat two (hopefully all three) Wisconsin, Iowa Minnesota I'll be extremely happy.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

He then says we have a saying "block before you get the rock." So you gotta be able to block before getting the rock. But man I feel sometimes talent should be on the field even if it's for certain plays where they don't have to block.

I think its more that they get moved down the depth chart and don't get the chance.  In the short term that is a tough decision but if you truly believe that a WR block can change an outside run from 6 yards to 20 yards then the guys have to buy in.  Scott is taking the long term approach of W's for the quicker approach to gain culture.  He has a plan and will not bend.

• Fire 1
4 hours ago, Undone said:

Very true - and if Manning's quote is legit then he already has gotten the message and is buying in.

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Forgive me Frost, if I have a hard time believing that the receivers are the best since you've been here....because I also heard from you that the rest of the Big Ten will have to adjust to your offense and other tall tales you've told since you became coach.

How about letting the proof come out on the field?

Except he never said they'll have to adjust to his offense.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Think so?

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/10-things-we-learned-from-scott-frost-s-press-conference

6. Frost: Big Ten will have to adapt to us

Easily the quote of the press conference came when Frost was asked how he would modify his system - derived from the famous high-octane scheme originated by Chip Kelly at Oregon - to adjust to the competition in the Big Ten.

I’m hoping the Big Ten has to modify their system for us,” Frost said confidently, resulting in a loud cheer from the group of current and former players and NU administration.

I thought he meant that they would have to learn when to take a knee at the end of a game?